Chapter 6

"Can you put that off?"

Jeongyeon stopped tapping her fingers on the steering wheel, grin turning into a frown. She sighed and switched the radio off. Nayeon was in an absolutely horrific mood, the one specific mood jeongyeon couldn't stand.

They'd gone to sleep separately, Nayeon in the bed and Jeongyeon on the couch, and when they'd woken Nayeon had looked like death. Jeongyeon didn't know if it was from the migraine or the fact that they were going to
counselling, or what, but Nayeon looked ready to kill. Right now her hit list had one name: Jeongyeon's.

"You seem peachy today," she couldn't help but comment. Nayeon shot her an angry look.

"Shut up, jeongyeon . I'm not in the mood."

"Shut up?" She gripped onto the wheel a little
tighter. "I'm not one of your little minions that
you can just order around."

"Not. In. The. Mood."

Jeongyeon opened her mouth to shoot back with something sarcastic, but Nayeon's close set eyes cut right through her and she thought better of it. She returned her attention to the road and focused on quietly counting to ten, heart rate slowly going down.

Just when she felt that she wasn't about to explode, Nayeon's phone started ringing. It was shrill and annoying, and just hearing it made Jeongyeon's mood crash even more.

"Im Nayeon," she said firmly into her phone.
She paused and listened, but Jeongyeon could just sense the anger and frustration mounting and emanating off of her. It filled the car, so Jeongyeon opened her window and cooled off slightly with the breeze hitting her skin.

"Are you so incompetent that you couldn't handle this yourself?" Nayeon growled. "No, I know, and I don't care. I gave this position to you because I thought you could handle it." She released a frustrated noise. "Fine! Give me twenty minutes. Do not fuck up even more before I get there."

Jeongyeon's heart dropped. "Oh fuck no," she said. "You're not skipping out on this."

Nayeon started tapping away at her phone. "I
don't care. We can reschedule. Turn around and take me to Im Corp."

Jeongyeon pressed down on the gas. "Fuck no. We're going."

"Jeongyeon, I swear to god." She turned her body to fully face Jeongyeon. "Turn this car around! I need to head in to work."

Jeongyeon refused to look at her. "No."

"Jeongyeon! You have no idea what it's like being CEO of a huge company like Im Corp. You think it's all fun and games because my father is there? Well guess what, he isn't. Most of the time he's out with his buddies playing golf, or taking my mother to Hawaii. He assigns all of his work to me. I need to go to work. Now."

Jeongyeon wasn't deterred. "And I don't care either. You can call Dahyun and tell her how to handle the situation." She stopped at a red light and finally turned to Nayeon. She looked absolutely livid. "You need to decide right now. Me or work."

"I can't believe you!" Her cheeks and ears went
pink with anger. "I do so fucking much, only to
have you treat me like-"

"I have the fucking divorce papers, Nayeon!"
Jeongyeon yelled. She slammed her fists against the wheel and inhaled deeply. Nayeon went silent. When she chanced a look, Nayeon had gone pale.

"Yeah, that's right. I have them. And I'll go right
to work and sign them if you insist."

"Jeongyeon... you can't... you can't blackmail me like this!"

"Oh yes I fucking can, Nayeon. This is our fucking marriage. Decide. Now."

The light turned green and Jeongyeon sped forward. She ground her teeth together, stomach roiling. She was ready. If Nayeon decided her work was worth more, jeongyeon would completely give up and move on. She was not ready for Nayeon to constantly reschedule on her.