Chapter 17

This time they went to Jennie together in Jeongyeon's car. Jeongyeon had the day off, so she would drop Nayeon off at work and then head back home.

After their passionate kiss, things between them had become a lot easier. It started to feel a lot more like the beginning, when they'd first fallen in love.

Jeongyeon had made breakfast and woke Nayeon with it, and they'd sat together in the kitchen and spoke while they ate. They actually listened to each other and enjoyed their company.

When they remembered that they needed to
see Jennie for step 5, since a few weeks had
passed since Jeongyeon had moved back in, they easily decided to travel together. They told themselves that it saved them petrol, but really, they just wanted more time together.
They hadn't had another incident like the shower one, since they fell into an easy routine.

If Jennie sent over ingredients, usually Jeongyeon cooked so that when Nayeon got home, which was usually late, there was food. In the rare instances that Nayeon came home earlier, they cooked together, and it usually ended with them laughing and the kitchen a mess. But all of those instances only helped to draw them closer, which was obviously the point.

"Ladies first," jeongyeon said with a grin, opening the door to Jennie's room.

Nayeon rolled her eyes but dipped inside first,
Jeongyeon following. Jennie watched them curiously as they sat down. Jeongyeon saw her eyes linger at the space between them, which was almost non-existent. Before, they'd sat at the complete opposite ends of the couch. Now they were sitting with their knees touching.

"You're both in a good mood I see." Jennie
smiled at them. The thick notebook was on her lap. Open. She lazily tapped a pen against an open page. "Anything interesting happen?" She lifted her brow.

Jeongyeon stared at her. By the sparkle in Jennie's eye, Jeongyeon knew that she knew. There was no way that she didn't. "You know what happened," jeongyeon told her with a bit of sass.

"Oh?"

"Things have been going well," Nayeon interjected, smiling. "Somehow, Jeongyeon moving in again has helped."

Jennie clearly smothered a smirk. "No sex, I
hope?" They both flushed, but Jennie grinned
cheekily and they exhaled. "I never said no
kissing. That was smart of you to pick up. I'm
very happy that the two of you were able to
share that sort of intimacy again. For some
couples, sex and physical affection are vital to
long, healthy and happy relationships. To lose
that when you crave it, is to lose the core of
what makes you content. I assume the two of
you require that sort of relationship, right?" They both nodded.

"Fantastic. Congrats on getting closer again,"
Jennie continued. "Now, for step 5, I need
something of you"

Jeongyeon and Nayeon shared a glance."What is it?" Jeongyeon asked.

"I need you to get a gift for each other."

"A gift?" Nayeon asked.

"Yes," Jennie affirmed. "Any gift, but it needs
to have meaning. Size, type and cost are of no
bother. Whatever you get will be at my cost as
well. Do you think you could handle this?"

Jeongyeon looked at Nayeon. She realized that she hadn't bought something for Nayeon in a long while, but she wasn't too worried. How difficult could it be? Compared to the rest of the steps, this was easy. And it would at least take them a step closer to finishing this program.

"Yeah, of course," Jeongyeon answered confidently.

"Nayeon?"

"Yes," Nayeon agreed, nodding.