Chapter 22

Belvedere Castle

Lafayette's

"Wait...where's John? He was just here," I remarked.

It was after school on Monday. We were all going to head to Central Park and hang out for a while. We were all inside of my apartment.

Something you should know: Abigail, Theodosia, and Maria are not part of the Crazy Sins. That's what we call our friend group. We call ourselves that because we are all crazy. Angie came up with the sin part. Abigail, Theodosia, and Maria are all part of the Schuyler Sisters' friend group.

Anyway, we had all walked from school to my apartment. My mom - Marie - was in the kitchen making a snack for herself and my dad - Michel - was in his office that was actually a guest room.

"I don't know. He was walking right by me after last period..." Hercules murmured.

"Should I go look for him?" Peggy nervously asked.

I shook my head. It'll be fine. Maybe I should call him? I got out my phone and stared at it, contemplating what I should do.

"Should I call him...?" I wondered.

"Yeah," Alexander answered.

I dialed his number and held it to my ear. It's easier to call than text. After four rings, John picked up.

"Are you coming with us to Central Park?" I asked.

"No. I have some stuff to do..." John responded.

"Okay," I frowned, "Bye"

My friends were all waiting for me to explain. I told them that John wouldn't be coming. Everyone was sad. John is always the happy one. His personality fits Peggy's. I want Peggy and John to be a thing BUT THERE'S ALSO LAMS AND I LOVE LAMS AND I WANT LAMS TO BE REAL BECAUSE ALEXANDER AND JOHN ARE SO CUTE TOGETHER!!! BUT ON THR OTHER HAND I HAVE JEGGY HBGFDHJYFDERFGHUJIUJGYUUJ!!

"Maman, nous partons maintenant ! Au revoir," I called.

Mom, we're heading out now! Bye.

"Au revoir chérie. S'amuser," My mom said from the kitchen.

Goodbye, honey. Have fun.

(I used Google Translate because I only speak English and a bit of German. Please correct me if I'm wrong.)

We walked out to the street. We made a ton of noise but so did everything else. We blended right into the honking and shouting. We were laughing and talking but Alexander lagged behind. I slowed down to talk to him.

"What is wrong, mon ani?" I asked him.

Alex sighed. He stared down at the ground with his hands in his pockets. I waited patiently for him to speak.

"John," he answered.

"What about John?"

"I...I think he's avoiding me. But I'm avoiding him but he's avoiding me and I wanna die!"

"No you don't ! He's your best friend and don't talk like that or I will tell Eliza that you love her."

Alexander gave me a dubious look. I awkwardly smiled. Alex shook his head and sped up walking. I pouted. We really, really need to do something. I saw Hercules talking with Eliza. I ran up to him and pulled him to the side. I told Hercules about the predicament with John and Alexander. Hercules nodded.

Soon we arrived at Central Park. I led my friends to a little castle in the park. Peggy gasped at the sight of the castle. There were some people milling about. I wish that all of them would go away so it could just be me and my friends.