Chapter 38

The Race

Jefferson's POV

(A/N: Who's seen Glee?)

"We're having a race in a week," Mr. Franklin announced.

The class exploded. Everyone began talking and turning to each other. We do the race every year. I'm so excited to do it again this year.

"A race?"

"We will win this time!"

"WHO ARE WE RACING THIS YEAR?"

"Good question, Ms. Schuyler," Mr. Franklin practically shouted, "We will be racing against Liberty Middle School."

"How will we be racing?" I asked. They switched the things that we did every year. Last year we had to hike.

"Many different things this time. Rock climbing, running, et cetera. Did I forget to mention that it's a maze?" Mr. Franklin rambled with his hands flying everywhere.

"I got this, guys. I am a rock climber!" Angie stood up and I groaned. She always boasts about how she's a rock climber and stuff.

"Shut uuuuup," I groaned.

Angie shot me an annoyed look. I slid down in my seat. She is so annoying.

"Anyway," I turned to James, "We'll beat those Liberty suckers!"

"Maybe..." James said.

Time skip

We were split up by grade. Señora Ramirez led us to the field where a different group of students were. They were all pretty tall. They were a couple girls in cheerleader outfits. Some of the boys wore red jackets with stripes.

"This is the 7th grade class of Liberty Middle School. Please talk with each other and get to know one another," Señora Ramirez walked away to join the other teachers.

I looked at our class, then I looked at Liberty's. We were separated by our two schools. There was a good ten feet of space between us. Eliza was the first one to step up and say something.

"Hello! I'm Elizabeth Schuyler. Pleased to meet you," Wait, why did Eliza use her full name?

A brunette girl with her hair in a high ponytail walked up to Eliza. She crossed her arms. The girl was wearing a cheerleader outfit. Two other girls in cheerleader outfits were behind her.

"I'm Santana and we will beat you. That is not a question," Santana smirked.

"How dare you speak to my sister like that!" Peggy stepped up next to Eliza.

"And who are you? Shouldn't you be in like, third grade?" Santana continued.

Sure Peggy was short but no one should make fun of her! I mean, I do but I should be the only one.

"I'm the only one that can make fun of her!" I exclaimed.

"Get away from my girlfriend," A boy who had a mohawk snarled.

"Oh yeah? Whaddaya gonna do?" I asked.

"I'll cut off all your hair," Mohawk said.

"Guys, stop," A girl with brown hair stepped in between Mohawk and I, "We should introduce ourselves. I'm Rachel Berry. Pleased to meet you."

Rachel is annoying. She totally took charge of us. Mohawk's name was Puck. What a stupid name for a stupid person. The two cheerleaders were named Quinn and Brittany. Oh, and of course there was Santana. I don't like her. There were a bunch of others but I can't be bothered to learn their names.