Chapter 28

The Play

Eliza 's POV

(I update so irregularly. I'm sorry for that. Also, am I dragging this story out too much? Like, is it too long?)

"Where's my costume?!"

"I can't find my shoe!"

"We're on in seven minutes!"

The backstage was very chaotic. The cast members were running around. There were stray shoes and corsets that needed to be tied. It was also loud. The band was warming up and it was a cacophony of noises. I could hear the whole school filing into the auditorium.

I peeked around the curtain. The school was sitting in the chairs in front of the stage. We had a stage set up that looked exactly like the Chamilton stage. Angie was freaking out. She was trying to make everything perfect.

We were in the auditorium of the school. It was like something out of Glee. The seats stretched above my head and far away. My stomach was filled with dread. I would be performing in front of the whole school! I gulped and walked away from the curtain.

We had been practicing for weeks and the play was finally here. I knew all my lines by heart. Well, almost. The almost part scared me. What if I forget my lines?!

"We have to make it perfect. It has to be worthy of the OBC," Angie said to me.

"Don't worry. It'll be fine," I reassured my sister.

She walked away, frowning. I looked at my script once more before the show began. I read over Burn one more time for good luck.

The lights dimmed and the roar of voices turned off. The band started playing. Aaron took his place and began singing. He was pretty good. I made my way with my sisters to the top of the stage.

"Me? I loved him," I sang.

'Alexander should be up here,' I thought. Everyone knows how Laurens feels about Alexander. As much as I don't want to say it, Lams is an okay ship. Laf is literally a fan boy and I think it's so cute.

"What's your name, man?"

"Alexander Chamilton!" The full company sang.

I hurried backstage with my sisters. I reached for my water bottle and took a drink. It felt so refreshing.

"That was good," Angie said to me.

I nodded. If we can make it through the whole musical it'll be fine. A thought came over me and I covered my mouth.

"I have to kiss Laurens!" I shrieked.

Peggy laughed and also covered her mouth. Angie frowned.

"Anywaaaaay ...we don't go on until The Skuller Sisters. We've got some time to chill," Angie announced.

We sat down and drank our water. We discussed how we thought that the play would go. I expect that the play will go well.

Our cue came up. Peggy went first, flinging her skirts everywhere. I followed her and Angie was behind me. On the note, Peggy turned and I grabbed her shoulders. We started walking on the circular path that rotated.

"Excuse me miss, I know it's not funny but your perfume smells like your daddy's got money. Why you slumming in the city in your fancy heels? You searching for an urchin to give you ideals?" Aaron crowed.

"Murr, you disgust me," Angie turned her head away.

" Aah, so you've discussed. I'm a trust fund, baby you can trust me," Aaron leaned towards my sister and she shoved a piece of paper in his face.