Chapter 26

A Date (Reprise)

Alexander's POV

(Can I do a reprise in chapters? Actually, I don't care. I will do it anyway. Whatever. Also, I will be in DC for a week. I'll be gone starting the 18th so this might be the last chapter I can get out for a while. I'll try to publish one more before my trip. I hate planes. Pray for me.)

I paced around my room. What should I wear? What should I bring? How should I act? Wait.... I bolted out of my room, startling a seven year old in the process. I yelled my apologies over my shoulder.

"Judy!" I gasped as I crashed into her desk, "There's this boy at school who goes by the name of Aaron Burr an-"

"Room 5, dear," Judy answered.

"Thank you!"

I sprinted to Room 5. I flung open the door without even knocking. Aaron was sitting on his bed reading a book. He screamed and hurled the book at me. I ducked and it slammed into a wall. He has good aim.

"Aaron Burr. Can we confer, sir?" I asked.

"You just busted into my room!" He exclaimed.

"So? My friend lives here!"

"What do you need? Wait, I'm your friend?"

"Yes, you are my friend! Anyway, how does one act on a date?"

Aaron tilted his head to the side like a puppy.

"What do you mean?" He answered.

"I'm going on a date with Eliza and I need to know how to act."

"Oh. Well-"

Aaron taught me how to act on a date. It actually wasn't that hard. My watch let out a shrill beep. I saw the time. It was 4:30. I have to go! I thanked Aaron and left. As I walked to Central Park, I saw Eliza. She was wearing a very pretty outfit.

She was wearing a light blue skirt that came down to her shins. Her shirt was plain white. As I neared her, I saw a bracelet on her wrist. It wrapped around her wrist and it was gold. In the middle, there was an emerald. Considering her family, it was probably real.

I smiled at the idea of dating Eliza. An image popped up in my head. No! Go away. I'm not thinking about you right now. I'm thinking about Eliza. I shook my head and walked closer to Eliza.

"Hi," She said.

"Hello. What should we do?" I greeted her.

"I don't care. As long as I get to hang out with you," Eliza answered.

She blushed at realizing what she had said. A small smile played on my lips. We discussed where we should go and we decided on Belvedere Castle.

As we walked there, my hand brushed Eliza's. She startled and blushed. I smiled at the ground.

"It's so pretty," Eliza breathed when she saw Belvedere Castle.

"Just like you," I answered.

She turned to look at me. Her face broke into a bright grin. It had just made my day. I laughed. Eliza joined in and we laughed. When we were done laughing, we entered the castle. It still catches me off guard every time. A fairytale castle. When I think of a fairytale castle, I think of Belvedere Castle.

We sat on a wall and looked out towards the pond. A couple ducks were swimming around in Turtle Pond. Time to make my move.

I wrapped my arm around Eliza. She froze but then relaxed. She rested her head on my arm. Ha! I have succeeded. I grinned and looked at the water.

"Let's go to the Shakespeare Garden," Eliza announced after 6 minutes of sitting in silence.

"Okay. Do you know where it is?" I wondered.

"Yeah, follow me," She answered.

Eliza hopped off of the wall. She led me to a huge garden full of tulips that were absolutely huge. There were some tourists around but that's to be expected.

I grasped Eliza's hand as we walked around. Eliza was still a little tense so I gave her hand a squeeze. She looked over at me and smiled.

"Look at that one," Eliza pointed to a gigantic tulip. The bottom of its petals were yellow and gradually faded into red.

We wandered around for a while. We came to an area where nobody was. Feeling a little reckless, I kissed Eliza. I pulled away with a cocky grin on my face.

"What was that for?" She asked.

"I dunno. Cause I like you?" I answered.

"I like you too."

Eliza pulled me in for a longer kiss. I wrapped my arms around her body. Her hair smelled sweet. When we broke apart, my face grew hot. Eliza looked away and blushed.

And just like that, I was dating Eliza. I wonder what she was thinking.

Eliza's POV

OHMYGODOHMYGODOHMYGOD! What. Just. Happened. Did Alexander KISS ME??? HE KISSED ME AND I KISSED HIM. Okay. Okay. Calm down. Calm down. Calm DOWN.

When he put his arm around me I mentally freaked out but when he kissed me, I died inside. Is this a dream? It has to be.

When the date was over, he walked me back to my house. I said that he didn't have to but being Alexander, he did it anyway.

"Thanks. See you on Monday," I said as we neared my house.

"Bye. This date was fun," Alex replied.

"Wait," I called as he turned to leave, "Take this bracelet so you have to come back."

I handed it to him. Alexander smiled a twinkling smile. He turned to leave.

I smiled as I closed the door. I was almost knocked to the ground by my brother Phillip. He jumped on my back and Prince ran around my feet. Peggy was leaning against a wall with a sly smile on her face. Her arms were crossed and gave off the impression that she had been waiting for me. I glanced into the kitchen. I saw Angie in the kitchen doing homework.

I got Phillip off my back and went over to Peggy. She raised an eyebrow which I could never do. Peggy turned and went up the stairs. I sighed and followed her.

"There's someone waiting for you," Peggy said.

"MON AMIE!" I heard a voice shriek.

I was greeted by an over excited Frenchman. He grinned at the sight of me. I smiled back at him.

"Spill," Peggy flopped down on her beanbag.

I told them all about my date. Laf's dream had come true. One of his ships was a reality. Lafayette is so funny.

" I TOLD YOUUUUUU! LAMS, HAMLIZA, OR JEGGY? HAMLIZA FOR THE WIIIIIN!" Lafayette yelled.

"Shut up! You are so loud!" Peggy hissed in the nicest way possible. We all knew that Peggy was not being mean. Only friends can tell friends to shut up.

"And then...and then...he kissed me," I told Laf and Peggy.

Lafayette shrieked. Peggy was practically vibrating on her beanbag.

Aaron's POV

"How'd it go?" I asked when Alexander pushed open my door again.

"Great! I kissed her and we held hands and it was amazing! Alex rambled.

I laughed. Looks like he has a girlfriend now.