you refuse to drink your medicine (requested)

"Darling," Taylor softly spoke as she rubbed her hand across your forehead, hoping it would coax you awake.

Upon opening your eyes a few seconds after you felt her touch, you realized how gross you felt.

You felt hot, so you kicked off the blankets that you had been covering up with.

Your eyes felt heavy and your muscles ached.

But, to your relief, your stomach felt okay.

It didn't ache and you didn't feel nauseous and it was so great to feel that way after feeling sick for the last couple of days with the flu.

"I'm tired." You mumbled to Taylor and closed your eyes again.

"I know, baby. I didn't want to wake you but my alarm went off. It's been a few hours since you took your medicine and it's time to take it again."

You groaned before rolling over onto your stomach, burying your face into the pillow.

"Y/N," she giggled. "Get up."

"No. I don't want to take it."

"But you need to. This is what helps you feel a little better." She said as a frown tugged at her lips.

She hates seeing you so sick, so she's always happy to do whatever she can to make you feel better.

That includes making sure you take your medicine when needed.

"I'm not taking it." You grumbled and she rolled her eyes.

"You're so stubborn." She sighed. "I don't know how else to help you, y/n. I'm doing my best to take care of you but, ultimately, this medicine is what helps you a lot. I don't want you to keep feeling so miserable."

You could hear the frustration and hurt in her voice over your refusal to take your medicine.

You know she's right.

You just hate it.

You turned over to face her, looking at her with tired eyes.

"You're burning up and I don't want your fever to get too bad. I'm worried about you and I hate seeing you like this. So, please, for me, stop being so stubborn and take the damn medicine."

Even as sick as you felt, her being so persistent for you to take your medicine because she loves and cares for you so much brought a small smile to your face.

"I'm sorry. It just looks so gross. I can barely taste anything but what I can taste of it is just awful."

"I know, my love," She said as she tucked a lock of hair behind your ear. "But just swallow it down and it'll be done."

"Do I get cuddles afterward?" You asked with a hopeful look in your eyes.

"If you take your medicine, yes."

You watched as she poured the liquid into the cap and then put it up to your lips.

You whined and squeezed your eyes shut before you parted your lips, swallowing the medicine down.

"It's disgusting." You mumbled as you wiped your lips. "Now, cuddle me. I took my medicine as I said I would. Give me cuddles."

You looked so cute as you patted her side of the bed.

And she couldn't say no to you.

She put the cap on the medicine before laying down on the bed next to you, allowing you to curl up to her as close as you wanted to.

"Thank you for always taking care of me. I love you."

"I love you too, baby. Thank you for taking your medicine, my cute but very stubborn girl," She said and kissed your head softly.