I don't think I can do this (requested)

You nervously toyed with your fingers as you sat on the sofa, waiting for Taylor to arrive home.

Your mind is a mess as you go back and forth on what you should do.

Your friends dared you to pull a breakup prank on Taylor and at first, you accepted the dare.

It didn't seem that harmful at first.

But now, your mind is a mess as you think of all the different ways that it could go wrong.

You could break Taylor's heart, ruin the trust between the two of you, or, even worse, perhaps Taylor would agree to it.

You couldn't help but wonder if maybe she'd actually want to break up.

You felt so guilty as all the bad outcomes came into your mind and you just couldn't do it.

As you were lost in your thoughts, you didn't even notice that Taylor was home until she placed her hand on your shoulder.

"Hey, darling. I'm home." She smiled as she kissed your forehead.

"Hey." You said with a nervous breath.

"What's the matter, my love? Something seems wrong." She said as she sat down on the cushion beside you. "Tell me what's wrong."

You pondered doing the prank for another moment before shaking your head.

"I don't think I can do this."

"What do you mean, baby? Do what?"

You took a deep breath as you looked at her.

"My friends dared me to do a breakup prank on you."

"What?"

"I'm so sorry, Taylor. But I can't do it to you. I just keep thinking about all the ways it could go wrong and I'm so scared you're going to be mad at me. I'm truly sorry. It was stupid."

"Oh, darling, come here." She said as she pulled you into her arms.

"I agreed to do it earlier when I wasn't thinking. It didn't seem that bad. But then I sat down here and I started to wonder about what the consequences of this might be. Like, what if you want to actually break up? What if you were to agree to it?"

"Oh, sweet girl, that's not going to happen."

"I'm so sorry for agreeing to do it. I shouldn't have."

"Y/N, baby, calm down. Take a breath." She said as she began to comfortingly rub your back.

You took a deep breath as she told you to and looked into her eyes afterward.

"You want to know why I'm not upset? Because you didn't pull the prank on me. And even if you had, I still wouldn't want to break up with you."

"Really?"

"Really. Darling, I'm not mad at you at all about you agreeing to do it. You thought about it and realized it wasn't worth it, which I'm very relieved about."

You chuckled a little, making her smile slightly.

"You don't have anything to worry about, okay? You didn't pull the prank on me. No one's sad, no one's mad. Everything's fine."

"Thank you, Tay. I was so worried. I didn't know how to tell you."

"You shouldn't ever worry about telling me anything. I'll always listen and I'll never judge you." She assured as she kissed your lips softly. "Everything's okay, so take a breath and calm down. Okay?"

"Okay." You agreed, taking a deep breath and relaxing against her as she held you tighter. "I love you lots."

"I love you more." She smiled and kissed you again. "There's nothing to worry about. I'm not going anywhere, not ever."

You put your head against her shoulder and closed your eyes as she held you tighter.

"My girl, I love you so very much."

"I love you too, baby." You said as she continued to rub your back. "And I promise to never prank you unless it's something innocent and sweet."

"Thank you, baby, I appreciate that." She chuckled as she held you tight. "I promise you the same thing."

This was much better than pulling that stupid prank on her.

Even if your friends tease you for backing out, you won't care.

Nothing is worth upsetting or losing Taylor; absolutely nothing.