Chapter IV

VICKY THE VAMPIRE HUNTER.

CHAPTER FOUR.

'What?' I gasped.

'I hear it's fun,' Kira said.

My heart started beating faster. They would kidnap a human and kill them? How would I get through this night without blowing my cover? I mean, I would have to hunt a human, and considering I didn't have any vampire abilities, someone would surely notice I was human.

I started thinking of ways I could get out of this. Maybe I could lie and say I was feeling sick? No, that wouldn't work. Vampires can't get sick.

We walked outside. There were hundreds of students gathered around outside. A particular girl with long, fiery red hair stood out. She looked at Kira and frowned.

'Oh crap,' Kira whispered. 'That's Danielle, my arch nemesis.'

Danielle walked up to us.

'Well look who the cat drug in,' she said. 'Kira Testicles.'

'My name is Kira Testinacius,' Kira said angrily.

'No it isn't, Ms. Testicles,' Danielle smirked.

Seriously, how old was she? Twelve? Making fun of someone's last name, Danielle seriously had nothing else to do. I rolled my eyes.

'Hey,' a guy said to Danielle. He wrapped his hands around her from behind. The guy was muscular and handsome. His black hair somehow matched his blue eyes.

'Hey, Shane,' Danielle said.

Wait a minute, as in Shane Ricardson? The guy I was supposed to kill?

Shane looked at me.

'Who are you?' he asked.

'New girl,' Danielle said. 'She's hanging out with Ms. Testicles over here.'

I swear, if Danielle said the word 'testicles' one more time, I would punch her teeth out.

Danielle sighed as she looked at me in disgust.

'What's with that hair anyways? Have you no sense of style?' she asked.

Okay, that was the last straw. No one makes rude comments about my hair and gets away with it!

However, before I could say anything, Vincent Ricardson walked out and called everyone to attention. Wow, this guy was powerful. He managed to get a bunch of teenagers to shut up and pay attention by just walking out of the building.

He looked at everyone as they formed a huge circle around him. A bunch of other creepy old vampires were standing behind him. I guessed those were the members of the Vampire council.

'Welcome, one and all, to our 305th Monthly Feeding Games. As most of you know, tonight will be something like a game of hide-and-seek. Whomever finds the human and kills them first, will not only be this month's victor, but they will get to spend the remainder of the month in our penthouse, with a Jacuzzi and a swimming pool.'

Everyone clapped and cheered.

Vincent allowed them to clap for a minute, but then raised his hand. He was met with a sudden silence from the crowd.

He continued, 'As you know, you will each be placed in groups of two. One boy and one girl. This makes the game even more challenging. The two will have to work together to find the human, but when they do find the human, they will have to fight. Whomever wins the fight and kills the human first will be crowned our victor. All the female students will pick the name of their male partner, by closing their eyes and pointing randomly to one of the names on the list.'

Vincent pointed to a long list of names that was pasted on the wall.

Girls started going up immediately and choosing a partner. When the girl opened her eyes, she would call out the name she had pointed to, and then the name would be scratched off the list.

Kira was lucky. She got that Collin guy as her partner. It was now my turn. I walked up to the list, closed my eyes, and pointed to a random name. When I opened my eyes, I had pointed to a name that was already scratched off. I closed my eyes and repeated the process.

'Elliot DeLorentiaz?'

A boy who most likely was a player stepped out of the crowd, eyeing me like I was a piece of meat. He was tall, hot and cute, all signs of player-ism. I rolled my eyes. Tonight would be fun.

When everyone had finished, Vincent called his guards to bring the poor human that was about to be hunted.

It was a girl. Her face was covered with a brown bag, but she was wearing a long, white dress. Her hands were bound behind her hand. Someone pulled the bag off her head.

I gasped.

It was Wendy. The girl I had crashed into when I was in my old school.

My hands went cold. How did they get Wendy?

And then a thought went through my head. I had to save her.

Wendy looked around wildly.

'You have fifty seconds to run, and then we'll run after you. Try your best to survive,' Vincent said to her.

Wendy's eyes widened in shock. One of the guards cut the rope that was bounding her hands.

'Run,' Vincent whispered.

Wendy didn't hesitate. She got up and ran into the woods that surrounded the school as everyone started counting.

When the countdown finished, I literally started running. Even though vampires got super-speed, the rules of the game stated that they couldn't use their powers. Everyone ran just as fast as me, as fast as a human. We arrived at the edge of the woods, and then everyone split up.

Elliot and I started walking in a direction. I sure hoped I would find her in time.

'C'mon, hurry up,' I said to Elliot.

We started running.

Where the hell was she?

I stopped running, causing Elliot to crash into me. Luckily, we didn't fall.

I looked closely at the ground. There were small footprints.

'Cool,' Elliot said. 'We are so getting that Jacuzzi!'

We started walking faster, following the footprints.

And that's when I saw her. Wendy was huddled next to a tree, sobbing softly.

'Holy fuck!' Elliot shouted. 'We found her! Yay!'

Wendy jumped up and faced us, her eyes full of fear. She looked at me, and gasped.

'Vicky? What are you doing here?' she asked.

'Wait...she knows you?' Elliot asked suspiciously.

Oh well, I knew this would be bound to happen.

I quickly pulled the dagger (that had been blessed by five different Priests in five different languages) and plunged it into Elliot's chest.

He screamed in shock, before suddenly turning into ashes.

I spun around to face Wendy.

'We have to get you out of here.'

===============================================

Author's Note:

Heyyo!

Yay! I have a trailer for the book! Thanks to @CottonCandySugarh (she has the dedication in chapter 2). :)

This chapter is Dedicated to @MelissaDavis321 for the support. :)

Also, a special shout-out to @Aegumenti, you should totally read his book, "Bloodlust". :)

The next chappy is supposed to be a bit kick-ass, and a bit shocking. :P

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++