Chapter X

VICKY THE VAMPIRE HUNTER.

CHAPTER TEN.

'Wait, you didn't know your head was blue?' Damien asked skeptically.

'Um, I have to go,' I said quickly.

I pushed past Damien and ran out of the washroom.

'Vicky, wait!' I heard Damien call.

I just kept running. I didn't know what to do. I could think of no lies to tell Damien. How would I tell him I didn't know my hair was blue? I ran straight to my room. I opened the door quickly and found Kira on her bed, busy on her phone. She looked up as she saw me.

'Vicky, what happened to your hair?' she gasped.

'Nothing,' I said quickly. 'I've decided to dye it.'

She looked at me weirdly. 'When?'

'While you were in the bath, of course,' I said nervously.

She shrugged, and went back to her phone.

'It looks cool on you,' she said.

'Thanks,' I said in relief. 'I think I need a nap.'

'Sure,' Kira said. 'I need one too.'

'But there's something wrong,' I said.

'What?'

'I have trouble sleeping.'

That was the truth. I was having a lot of trouble sleeping. Maybe Kira would help me out.

'Have you tried listening to music?' Kira asked. 'Soothing music. It really helps you to relax and sleep.'

'That's a great idea,' I said. 'But, I don't have any soothing music on my phone.'

'You can borrow my iPod, I think I have the perfect music for you,' Kira said.

She gave me the iPod, and I plugged the earphones in my ears. Kira checked through her entire iPod, and then finally found what she was looking for. She pressed 'play'.

As soon as I heard the persons singing, I started to feel relaxed.

'Wow,' I said. 'This song is so soothing. What's the name?'

'Technicolour Beat,' Kira said. 'By Oh Wonder.'

'I've never heard them before,' I said. 'But they have a wonderful voice combined.' It was a guy and a girl singing together.

'I have a playlist with a bunch of music,' Kira said. 'You'll be relaxed and asleep at no time. Now, you lie down and close your eyes.'

I followed her advise. I was asleep in no time.

Kira is such a good friend, I thought, half-asleep.

Before I fully fell asleep and drifted off to Wonderland, one word echoed in my mind.

Friend.

*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_

Vicky.

Who was that?

'Vicky,' the voice whispered.

It was the same voice I had heard when Wendy and I were hiding in the forest the other day.

'Vicky,' the voice whispered again.