Chapter XIX

VICKY THE VAMPIRE HUNTER.

CHAPTER NINETEEN

'Hi, Vicky. Glad you're here!' Sharon said enthusiastically as I entered the classroom. 

'Glad to be here,' I said.

'Okay, you can take a seat wherever you want,' Sharon said, before going to greet someone else that had just arrived.

I took a seat next to Clark, which was the seat across the classroom from Kira's. I was planning to avoid her. She looked at me. She raised a hand to wave at me, but I looked away. Damien also walked into the classroom.

'Me-ow, who's that?' Clark said, mimicking a cat. 'I hope he's single.'

'Wait, don't you know him?' I asked.

Damien looked at me and smiled. He walked up to me.

'Hi, Vicky,' he said. 'Can I sit next to you?'

'Sure,' I said.

'You know him?' Clark whispered.

'You know I can hear you, right?' Damien asked. 

'Hi, I'm Clark,' Clark said, not at all fazed.

'Damien,' he smiled.

'How come I've never seen you before?' Clark asked.

'I don't think we have any classes together,' Damien said.

'Okay, everyone. Quiet down, please!' Mrs. Reyton said. Mrs. Reyton was our drama teacher. 

'Since you're all volunteers, you'll each have to pick a name from this hat. Whoever you choose will be your partner. You'll have to do all the activities with your partner,' Mrs. Reyton explained. 'Only half of the class will put their names in the hat, and the other half will pick the names.'

My half of the class was chosen to write their names. 

Clark smiled happily as some guy named Finn picked his name. I rolled my eyes. Finn would have a hard time trying to reject Clark. Clark never too "no" for an answer. 

I swear if Kira pulled my name I would--

'Damien Salohcin?' she called. 

Damien raised his hand. She started at him in shock. 

A bunch of other names were called out. I didn't hear mine, though.

'Vicky Daniels,' someone said.

My eyes searched frantically around the classroom. I knew that voice. Please, don't let it be...

And then my eyes landed on him. 

I face-palmed myself.

'Well, Vicky and Shane are partners,' Mrs. Reyton said. 

Next, Mrs. Reyton started putting the pairs into groups of four. Clark's group was in charge of decorating the stage. Sharon's group had to raise money so they could buy decorations. 

'Okay, since Kira and Vicky are close friends, I'll put their groups together. Kira, Vicky, Shane and Damien, you guys will be in charge of refreshments. You have to find a way to get funds so you can buy drinks and snacks.'

Oh Lord, could this day get any worse? 

*_*_*_*_

'Yay! We're in the same group!' Damien exclaimed to me when the meeting was over.

'Yeah, with my enemy and the girl I just got into a fight with,' I said.

'Oh, tough luck,' Damien said. 'Just hang with me, you don't have to talk to them.'