Chapter V

VICKY THE VAMPIRE HUNTER.

CHAPTER FIVE.

'C'mon,' I said, urging Wendy to run faster.

'I'm running as fast as I can,' Wendy panted as she ran behind me.

I had no idea how deep we had run into the woods. But this forest didn't seem to end. Wendy's dress had become almost black with dirt, and let's just say, after falling into a puddle of mud, my beautiful red top would never get clean again.

I was actually surprised that Wendy wasn't taking this whole 'you-were-kidnapped-by-vampires' thing too badly. I expected her to faint or throw a tantrum, but she was reacting calmly. A bit too calmly...if you ask me.

'I can't go on more,' Wendy gasped. She stopped running and wrapped her hands around her stomach.

'Fine,' I groaned. 'Let's hide.'

After wandering around for a few seconds, we finally found a huge tree laying on it's side. We tried as best as we could to hide between the branches and leaves.

A few minutes passed, nothing was heard, except the thoughts racing through my mind.

'So,' Wendy asked after a while. 'You're not actually a vampire, are you?'

'No,' I replied honestly. 'I'm a vampire hunter. I only came to this school so I could kill these bitches.'

'Oh,' Wendy said. 'But how come the vampires don't know you're human? From what I've read, they can smell your blood and hear your heartbeat.'

'Um...I'm also kind of a witch,' I said. 'My mom cast a spell to make me seem like a vampire.'

'Wow, that's so awesome!' Wendy exclaimed, but quickly covered her mouth.

'Sorry,' she whispered.

'It's okay, but you have to promise not to tell anyone, or else the other vampire hunters might try to kill you...and also murder me because I told you,' I warned.

'Your secret is safe with me,' Wendy replied. 'Besides, we don't even know if i'll make it through the night, much less be able to tell someone your secret.'

'We'll make it,' I said. And then an idea crossed my mind. I pulled the small glass vial from my pocket. The vial contained the spell that made me seem like a vampire.

'Here, take a drop of this,' I said.

'What is it?' Wendy asked.

'Remember I said mom put a spell on me? Well, if I don't take a drop of this the vampires will find out I'm human. If you drink some, the vampires won't be able to smell you,' I explained.

Wendy took the vial.

'No more than a drop,' I warned.

She slowly leaned the bottle over her mouth, and one tiny drop fell out of the bottle and onto her tongue.

'Good,' I said. 'Now if we can survive until morning, we might just be able to make it out of here.'

My plan to help Wendy was that we would wait until morning. Vampires hated sunlight, even though they could survive in it. And they would most likely be tired after an entire night of searching through the woods.

'Let's try to get some sleep,' I said.

*_*_*_*_*_*

'Vicky.'

Who was that?

'Vicky.'

Why was she calling me?

'Vicky, help me!'

I woke up with a gasp. I looked around. I was still camouflaged in the tree. What was that dream all about? That voice sounded so familiar.

'Vicky, do you hear that?' Wendy whispered, making me jump.

There was a rustling sound. My eyes widened in shock. I jumped up to face the assailant.

'What are you doing here?' Vincent Ricardson asked.

'Um...the girl we were hunting killed Elliot and knocked me out. I just regained consciousness,' I lied quickly. 'I think she may be a vampire hunter.'

Luckily, Vincent seemed to buy it.

'I know she's killed Elliot, because all the persons he had bitten turned into ashes suddenly,' Vincent sighed.

'Wait a minute,' I said. 'How do you know who he's bitten?'

'Because we keep records. You're the new student, right? We need to get the name of the vampire who changed you, for the records,' Vincent said.

Crap, I thought. I started thinking of random names.

'Uh...Rajveer Persaud,' I said quickly. 'He bit me when I was visiting India.'

'Okay,' Vincent said. 'Make sure to tell the secretary. But now we have bigger problems, we have to find that little vampire hunter, before she causes any more trouble.'

'I couldn't agree more,' I said. 'If I may, aren't you supposed to have a partner?'

'Since we're the most powerful vampires, we don't need partners,' Vincent said. 'I'm surprised your friends haven't told you all this already.'

Suddenly, there was a loud shriek. Wendy jumped up.

'Sorry, there was a snake,' she whispered.

My eyes shot back to Vincent. His eyes were widened in shock, but then his expression changed and his fangs emerged.

'Calimum Fiemo Hetrado!' I shouted.

Vincent's robe suddenly caught fire. Wow, I didn't expect my spell to work. I was getting better.

Vincent gasped as the flames engulfed his clothing.

'Fool!' he shouted. 'I am an elder! Fire does nothing to me!'

Shit, I had forgotten about that. Fire only hurt young vampires, but once a vampire had been alive for over fifty years, fire did nothing.

The fire was now all around Vincent, dancing all over his body. He didn't seem to be feeling anything.

He lunged at me. If Vincent landed on me, I would surely be burnt to death.

'Disperse!' I shrieked.

The fire disappeared. Vincent wrapped his claws around me.

'I am going to break that pretty neck,' he hissed.

His grip tightened.

'On second thought, I'll just strangle you to death,' he said with a smile.

I did a back flip, causing my legs to wrap around Vincent's neck. He let go of me, and I rose up and tightened my legs around him.

I noticed that my dagger was on the ground.

'Wendy, quick, get that dagger!' I shouted.

Vincent pulled me off of him and threw me onto the forest floor. Just as Wendy ran up behind him with the dagger, he spun around and hit her in the face. She pitched backwards and landed on her back.

I picked up a rock and bashed it into Vincent's head before he could do anything to Wendy. He groaned and fell onto his back. Before he could do anything else, Wendy jumped up with the dagger in her hands. She buried the dagger in his chest.

He turned to ashes immediately. Wendy and I had just killed half the school.

============================

Author's note:

Woo-hoo! Vicky and Wendy are bad-a$$!! Don't you agree?

uh-oh, Vincent is dead. I wonder how everyone will react to that...

Dedicated to @Aegumenti for reading and the support. :)

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++