Chapter XI

VICKY THE VAMPIRE HUNTER.

CHAPTER ELEVEN.

'Sir, I really need to leave and see my parents,' I insisted.

'I'm sorry, Miss,' the Guard at the front gate said for the twentieth time. 'No one is permitted to leave the premises.'

'But it's important!' I exclaimed.

'The only way you can leave the school is if you're given a gate pass by the Principal or if your parents write a letter. And since the Principal is dead, neither can happen, since your parents' letter must be approved by the Principal,' the Guard exclaimed.

I sighed angrily.

'Fine, I give up!' I said and raised my hands in surrender.

The Guard sighed in relief.

'Thank God,' he said. 'Now go back to your dorm.'

Maybe I should kill the guard...but then again, maybe not. The Elder vampires would definitely suspect me if I killed a guard. They would probably check up on all the students that left school during that period in time, then they would realize I was the only person who left school. That would get me into some deep shit.

I sighed and started walking down the extremely long passageway back to the school.

'Hey, Vicky!' someone shouted from behind me. I shrieked in shock and spun around, ready to punch that person in the face and stab them repeatedly.

It was Damien.

I could always punch and stab him, but I decided against it. He was actually kinda fun to talk to.

Wait a minute...did I just think that? Dad would be so ashamed of me.

'Jeez, you scared the shit outta me,' I said to him.

'Your pants seem clean,' Damien said cockily.

'Ewww, you're gross,' I said and made a gagging sound.

'Aww, you know me so well and we just met!' Damien said sarcastically.

'Yup, I'm a creepy stalker,' I said.

Damien dramatically widened his eyes in shock.

'So wait...I've been stalking a stalker?' he asked.

I looked at him weirdly. He's been stalking me?

'What?' I asked.

Damien burst out laughing.

'I was joking. Do you seriously believe I've been stalking you?' he asked.

How stupid of me, I realized. Why the heck did I believe he was stalking me?

Damien stopped laughing and suddenly there was an awkward aura in the air.

Damien scratched his head.

'Um, Vicky. Can I ask you something?' he said.

Oh crap. Was he going to...

'Vicky, will you...'

Fuck. Shit. Crap. He was actually going to say it....

'Go on a date with me?'

Boom! He had just dropped the bomb. I knew he was going to ask me on a date. Crap, what do I say to him? There was no way I was going on a date with a Vampire, but I still didn't want to hurt Damien's feelings for some reason.