Chapter XV

VICKY THE VAMPIRE HUNTER.

CHAPTER FIFTEEN

Considering it was an extremely long drive back home, I decided to drop the question that was on my mind for the past thirty minutes. 

'Mom,' I started.

'Yes, hun?' she asked.

'Why were you shopping in that town in the first place? It's so far away from home.'

'Oh, I totally forgot to tell you!' Mom exclaimed.

'Tell me what?' I asked, extremely curious.

'Actually, I had come to pick you up from school,' Mom said.

'Really? Why?'

'Because your Dad asked me to. He says he has some sort of surprise for you.'

I squealed like a twelve year old fangirl who just met Harry Styles. Let's just say, Dad was not the type to give out presents or surprises; and when he did, they were usually extremely awesome. 

'What is it? What is it?' I asked.

'Well, it wouldn't be a surprise if I told you, now would it,' Mom replied evilly. 

'I can't wait!' I exclaimed. 

'We'll have to tell your father about your powers first,' Mom warned. 'And after that, I'm not sure if he'll postpone the surprise or not.'

I pouted. 'Well, hopefully, he won't.' 

*_*_*_*_*_*

'Vicky,' the woman whispered.

'Where are you?' I shouted.

There was the woman, standing infront of me. Her face was still blurred, but there was a feeling inside me that said I knew this woman. 

An invisible force starts pulling her away.

'Vicky, help!' she screams.

'I'm coming!' I shout as I run after her.

Suddenly, I hear a squelching sound. The woman lets out a blood-curdling scream before blood splatters all over me...

*_*_*_*_*_*

I screamed as I woke up.

'Vicky?! What happened?!' Mom asked in concern. 

I looked around. I sighed in relief. It was just another dream.

It's the same dream, but each time I dream it, more happens. 

'Nothing, it was just a dream,' I said to Mom.

Mom stopped the car. 

'We're here,' she said.

I climbed out of the car and took in the sight around me. My home. I had missed it so much. 

I ran inside. 

'Daaaaad!' I shouted.

Dad was sitting in the living room, with that Chort guy from the Witch Council. 

Dad stood up.

'Vicky! I missed you, hun,' Dad said affectionately. 

I hugged him, but only for about two seconds. Dad hated being hugged. 

'Did your mom tell you?' Dad asked. 'I have a surprise for you!'

'I know, but she won't tell me what it is,' I said sadly.

'Well, it's-'

Mom cut Dad's sentence. 

'Not so fast!' she exclaimed dramatically. 'Dear, can the family speak in private for a minute?'

Chort cleared his throat.

'Well, I'll be back in an hour. I have some errands to attend to,' he said.

After Chort left, Mom started explaining to Dad everything that had happened. Dad took everything, calmly, not even raising his eyebrows once. I expected that from him.

'So,' Dad started, 'What do you want to do?'

'I suggest we keep her home and train her to control her powers,' Mom suggested. 

'But she has yet to kill Shane Ricardson,' Dad said sternly.

'But what if her powers spiral out of control?' Mom asked angrily.

'If there's one thing I've ever thought my daughter, it's to never back down,' Dad said. 'After she kills Shane she can come home and control her powers.'

Dad looked at me.

'I want him dead by the next seven days. That's by next Thursday,' he said. 'The faster you kill him, the faster you can get home and learn to control your powers.' 

Mom sighed in defeat. 

'Fine,' she said. 'Seven days.'

And then I remembered the Witch Hunter incident.

'Oh yeah!' I exclaimed. 'This Witch Hunter is getting more and more clever.' 

I told them about the car chase. Mom gasped.

'And the person sorta-kinda-definitely knows my real name,' I said quickly.

I told them about the weird phone call I had received a few days ago. 

'Firstly, we're getting you a new phone number,' Mom said.

'Secondly, I'll analyze your cellphone to see if there's any bug  in it,' Dad continued.

'Thirdly, I'll have the witches of the Council to cast some spells to see if they can find the Hunter,' Mom said.

'Now,' Dad started. 'As for your surprise, dress formally and be ready by seven.'

++++++++++++++++++++

Author's Note:

DON'T KILL ME! I'M SORRY THE PAST TWO CHAPTERS WERE SO BORING! AND THIS CHAPTER IS SHORT! SORRYYYYYYYYYYY!!!!!!!!! D:

Don't worry, Vicky's "surprise" will turn out to be action and fun packed! Yay! :P

Yours truly,

K. V. Ramlochan. :)

=============================