VII

🎶The neighbourhood- Reflections🎶
~KAI~

Today was the day of the Ball. I was already dressed in  a full black tuxedo cause you don't see blood on black. After my little stunt I pulled out at Athena with my little gift that I personally, like some psychopath, collected from my own little flower pot with violets.

I tried to make her run since I felt some kind of guilt cause after all, I was the one who fucked things up but I'm also the one that can't move on with her still being alive. But I know her, I know Athena and she won't run away even if fucking Jesus came to her and asked her to do it. She is just too stubborn.

It was already five and the ball started at six, so I grabbed my guns and knives into one bag and took my box with the mask with me. My slightly curly hair had little bit of gel in them but I still kept them messy looking, after all they were always unsettling mess.

I went out of my apartment into elevator and then into my underground garage that held all of my cars. I made my way towards my Mercedes G and opened the back of the car and put the bag with the my deadly equipment in.

I closed the back and then sat into drivers seat, throwing my phone, box with the mask and my pocket knife with gun on passenger seat. I took a deep breath in before I started the engine and put the cat into reverse getting out of my parking spot.

I pulled out of the garage and made my way to a address I needed to go to. Good thing is that it was a private masquerade ball with lots of dangerous people so I didn't needed  to deal with some kind of security or paparazzi or whatever.

I saw a street I needed to go to so I made a turn into wrong one in little bit more forest like area. I stopped the engine and got out of car taking my gun and knife with me. I opened the back of the car and pulled out my bag with straps I needed to attach to myself. 

It was super shitty to drive in them so I just always did it right before mission. I opened the trunk of my car and put a bag in opening it. I pulled my blazer off and then attached a strap around my torso for one gun and few knives. My blazer was tailored so the guns wouldn't be visible under it.

I pushed a knife into my shoe and wrapped a holster around my ankle for another knives being careful not to make a cripple out of myself. Another gun went behind my back into my pants and another few knives were in my pockets. When I was fully stacked enough to kill at least 40 people I was ready to go.

Because of never ending New York traffic I was royally late but I didn't care I just wanted the evening to end already and it hasn't even started yet. I sat back behind the wheel and then pulled out a cigarette to calm down my nerves.

I don't smoke, yet I keep one or two boxes of cigarettes in my car for my nerves that sometimes get just out of control. Today I was nervous. Thena was good at her job and I had a feeling that she would either fight back or kill me first if I wasn't careful enough.

I learned her some of the tricks she uses but not every one of them, plus during the time we weren't together she could have, not just could have. She definitely did got better at lots of things but I was ready, at least I hope.

Before I entered the driveway that lead into mansion the event was happening in, I threw out my cigarette and prepared my phone with invitation. I had a permission to have guns with me since the person that was organizing it was my long time partner that was giving me multiple kills every year and sometimes even month.

I showed my invitation and they let me in opening the enormous gates that were in front of me. I circled around fountain and then parked my car in little parking section.

The mansion was enormous and it actually looked like a castle. Damien, the organizer of the ball was a very wealthy man with lot of dirty money. He was a so called business man but all of his so called friends, including me, knew he was a skank that was bluffing and lying to his employees and other people all his life and whenever someone was close to finding something out he called me. He was dumb if he thought I didn't know his motives.

I looked at the box with my mask and took it into my hands. I carefully opened the box and pulled out the mask that was in it. My mask wasn't anything fancy even if it costed a lot since who would know a simple black mask with golden like ornaments on it would cost a one hundred fucking dollars. I carefully put the mask on and then looked at my phone.

I look like a fucking idiot. I sigh before I exited my car. My guns were hidden all around my body, I was prepared physically and I had enough weapons but I wasn't prepared mentally. I hoped everyday that somehow we would still run into each other and meet like in those cliché movies where we meet in fucking Starbucks kind of thing, but that didn't happened.

I walked towards the front entrance and then walked in, two guys were standing there announcing everyone that came in. Oh my fucking god. I remembered my old times and my beautiful anxiety I used to have. If my fifteen year old self was standing in here I would probably already be in little ball with my knees to my chest.

Knees and chest. Two enemies, beating heart, wobbling knees. Not me anymore. 

They asked my name and they already knew who I was after I told them. One pair in front of me moved and they announced their names and then they walked down the stairs. What are we, in fucking Cinderella movie?

It was my turn to go. I straighten my spine and walked out onto top of the stairs. My lips were in straight line as they announced my name. I heard few people talking about me as I was waking down the stairs.

I was searching for Thena but I couldn't see her. Maybe she wasn't here yet or she listened to me and stayed away now in other country. At least I hope. I took a champagne from the tray a waitress was carrying around.

I heard the announcer speak again so I look in the direction of the stairs. There she was, Athena Violet Leonoir. As beautiful as angel but with mind of a devil. She carried herself with confidence as always, her head was high. Her mask was black and elegant, laced with little silver detailing on it adding it a elegant look that went amazing with her violet dress that was perfectly hugging her body making her look as beautiful, maybe even more, then I've seen her last time.

She saw me and locked her beautiful green eyes with my dark blue ones and I froze. I started to think more. I can't kill her, if I would I would need to kill myself too because just one look into that eyes, one look and I'm down. So, so down, I felt my heart pounding in my chest, my hands were slightly trembling.

How could I ever think about killing her when I know I'm not good enough to do it. I should protect her, I was always supposed to protect her not harm her. I can't do it.

____________
An: Denial...pfffft

Who's POV next?