XVII

~KAI~
2 months later

It's been two months since Athena's death. Since the love of my life died in my arms. For the past two months I was trying to hunt my brother down, well not exactly whole two months. He wanted to ruin me and he did but with this he caused battle but I will give him a war.

I wasn't able to sleep and was leaving my apartment only during the night. I wanted to go into Athena's apartment but I was too drained to go there. After what happened I just sat there for good two hours just holding her corpse in my arms not being able to let go.

My brother was gone by the time I went out of the house. My old childhood house was quiet. I knew they still lived there but no one was home. I was going through the house looking for any clues where he could be but I didn't see anything.

Most of the things I did in those few hours after her death were kind of blank. I remember some parts of it but not all. All I know that somehow I called one guy which was the guard that is looking after my garage.

I just told him address and he came, helped me with body and then drove me home. Somehow during the first week I managed to cremate Athena's body, it was tough and it mentally drained me to finally realise that she is gone forever.

I couldn't sleep or eat for first month and a half having the guard that was looking after my cars to also look after me. I even allowed him to call me by my first name and not Mr. Cortez like before. He has been ordering me food and just keeping me company while I was drowning in depression.

But now I'm starting again. Like Lana Del Rey once said "everyone can start again, not through love but through revenge". The plan about killing my brother didn't go as smoothly as I imagined but I tried. Every night I was going to locations where he could be. I have a feeling he is still in city cause he is often spotted by my guard around our childhood house.

Yes my guard is now in the business with me, helping me to take my revenge against that bastard that I use to call family. I was sitting on the couch, staring at the ceiling when my door opened and my guard, Axel came into my apartment.

"Kai, I have info about your brothers location." He said as he was pacing towards me carrying laptop that I gave him in his hand. I found out that my new bestie Axel used to be a hacker as a teenager so of course I made his life at work little more interesting by making him track down my brother.

I sat up as he put the laptop in front of me showing me city cameras footages with my brother going into one old building. I knew the building cause not so long ago I fell out of its window into trash almost three months ago. I stood up from my couch and almost collapsed back because of low iron.

I never had problem with it at least not now, only when I was a teenager but now when I had my not eating, drinking or sleeping era. I lost a lot of things in my life that are keeping me alive. I could now say that I was dead inside almost quite literally but it was time to get my ass up and kill that bastard before I will ruin myself completely.

"Do you know how to handle guns?" I asked Axel as I was looking at him. He gave me a "are you serious" look.

"I'm a guard. What do you think?" Axel said pointing at the gun that was propped on his hip. I must say Axel was a great guy. I always thought that having friends was bullshit but I surely needed it now.

I walked into my bedroom to change into some black cargo pants and tight black shirt. I pulled a black mask over the half of my face. I took some a belt with knifes and gun holsters and put it around my waist. I got out of bedroom with my boots in my hand and walked towards Axel that was still sitting on the couch waiting for me.

"Let's go." I said as he stood up walking with me into elevator. My body was in automatic setting. We got into garage and then into my black Range Rover. Axel started the car and then he started to drive as I put on my boots in the back seat of the car. I pulled out two guns full of bullets from under the car seats and put them into gun holsters that were around my hips.

We got to the location in less then five minutes due to the street being almost empty during the night. The house was abandoned. I walked out of the car with Axel and gave him one more gun and a holster that was full of knives that he just wrapped around his hips.

We walked towards the house and opened the door, slowly walking in. I was ready to kill him. I walked into a hallway that smelt like piss. Me and Axel heard a chatter upstairs so we went there. I saw my brother there with two guards. He was on phone with someone, fighting with them and I thought it was the best time to get into action. Axel and I shot two guard that were around my brother right into their heads, they fell down to the ground, dead.

My brother Mathias was looking around scared as he ended the call with some client. He spotted me as I was holding my gun in front of myself, looking at him. My face was stone cold as was my heart. I was ready to kill him. I didn't care how much enemies I would make. Even if they would come to look for me, they would never find me cause I would be gone already somewhere away.

"Brother." He said now in the less confident tone. He was scared, as he should. I was walking from one leg to another, circling him without saying a word as he was looking at me. His eyes were little but popped out as he was following every step I made.

The thing about me is that I love to edge my enemies. Make them scared, let them hide themselves in the corner. Make the last minutes of their life a living torture as they don't know if I will shoot from my gun and if their death will be slow and painful or quick and painless.

His breathing started to pick up as a slow smirk grew on my lips. I liked to see him scared. The tables now turned and he was the one that wasn't sure if this was his final day or not.

"I'm not scared of you." He said his voice trembling.

"But you should be." I said as I shot my first shot into his knee making him fell to the ground. He yelped as his knee was now destroyed by my bullet.

"That one was for all the bad things you did to as I was a child." I said as I came closer to him. His eyes were filled with tears as mine were cold, without mercy.

I shot another bullet into his other knee making him cry out as few tears fallen from his eyes. He knew he was fucked and that he would die slowly and painfully. That bastard didn't deserve nothing else then this.

"This one was for our father. Cause you decided to team up with him." I said my voice growing colder and colder by every word I said.

"This one is for ruining me. You wanted a villain, you got a villain." I said as I shot another two into his shoulders. He screamed in agony making my smirk only grow wider.

"And this one, this one if for Athena." I said as I shot him right into the centre of his chest just like he did to her. Blood slowly started to fill up his mouth as he was laying down on the ground in the puddle of his own blood.

"Enjoy your time in hell." I said as I was looking at him slowly choking on his own blood. I was the last face he saw. The face of his biggest enemy, the face of his own family.

I was watching when the life slowly died in his eyes. Even after his death you could see how scared he was and I loved every second of it. I took a little bit of blood that was around him and draw a little 'O' on his head.

From now on, he is just one of meaningless victims of my crimes. He is no one. He is dead to me, quite literally.