XIX

~KAI~

I was standing once again in front of the house of nightmares having a serious second thoughts about ringing the bell. Kai you need to do it, go in there come on. My inner voice was encouraging me to go in so I decided to say fuck it as I strode towards the front porch ringing the bell before my brain would decide to give up.

"I will be there in the second!" Female voice which I recognised to be my mothers yelled. In few seconds the door opened in front of me with my mother smiling until she looked up at me making her eyes go wide. She was in shock as she saw me, her eyes started to fill with tears as she was looking at me.

"Kai." She said in whisper probably not knowing what to say. I saw a male figure come from behind her, my father stood there in all his glory, glaring at me.

"What do you want in here? You murderer." He spat out making me raise one of my eyebrows at him.

"It's funny that you're saying that, dad. After you abused me for all of my childhood. You're no better then me." I said overly confident about my statement. I wasn't scared of him, not anymore. He couldn't hurt me.

He had a beer belly and you could see at his white shirt that he threw up on himself from some kind of beer. His body language was radiating anger while mine was calm. He looked like a homeless while I looked expensive. He couldn't take care of himself nor his family while I had saving for the rest of my life and further. That's why I wasn't scared of him he was nothing while I build myself up to be something.

"Why did you come in here?" My mother asked me, slight Spanish accent lacing between the words she was saying.

"I came here to finally leave my old demons behind. I'm moving out of city and this house was haunting me for too long and I won't let it haunt me further. Father I came here to tell you that I'm not that scared little boy anymore that you used to beat up for slightest mistakes that he made and mother I came here to tell you that I always loved you even if you couldn't protect me from my own father or say no to your friends when they raped me. I don't forgive you for turning a blind eye on me but I do forgive you for not being able to protect me from the monster you call your husband." I said sincerely. My mother could never protect me from the evil but she at least tried to care of me after hell in her own kind of way.

She used to bring me food once my father put me on his so called 'diet' where he didn't let me eat anything. Or she brought me ice packs after my father would beat me. She would stack me with supplies that kind of saved my life or at least took a lot of pain away and I was grateful for that.

"But you. I don't forgive you at all and I hope you will rot in hell father. Because of you I went through hell that haunted me for years and years. Constant nightmares and panic attacks whenever I even thought about you but now it all ends. I won't let you haunt me anymore. I won't let you haunt anyone anymore cause I'm stronger and better then you and I always will be." I said as I turned to my father. But the fiasco of it all didn't come yet.

"I wanted to lock all my trauma and fears that this city gave me into one big cage and threw the key away and that's exactly what I'm gonna do." I said as police car came in front of my old house, the officers coming towards my father.

"Mr. Cortez you're under arrest for physical abuse, verbal abuse and child abuse. You have a right to remain silence, anything you say or do can be used against you in court of law." The officer said as he cuffed my father. I got together enough evidence to get my father arrested and never get him out of jail along with the woman that raped me.