Chapter 7

"Alright, so let me see if I understand this. Mateo asked you, to be his date to this gala/auction thing because he doesn't want to be sold to anyone else?" Catalina says as she takes a sip of her wine. Once I texted her, she rushed home to get all the details. While she was coming home, I made us dinner: pasta with broccoli and chicken. It's a simple meal, but one we both really enjoy. I nod my head to answer her question as I continue eating. 

As I'm eating, I get lost in a train of thought for a second. I can't believe how much my life has changed in the past 24 hours. Not only did I get one of the biggest opportunities of my career, but I'm also going on a date with the man I've had a crush on for the past four years. To say I'm happy is an understatement.

"Do you think he's into you?" Catalina says, pulling me out of my head as she continues to eat.

"I'm not too sure, maybe? I doubt it. I think he was asked me is because we'll be working together -- so might as well get used to each other, right?"

"I guess, but I still think we should go all out with your outfit," She says as she grabs my hand and walks towards our bedroom. Since apartments are quite expensive in the city, we found an apartment with one bedroom -- but it was massive. It even included two walk in closets. So we each took one side of the room. It doesn't have the most privacy, but I don't care; I love our place to be honest. 

Once we get to the room, we each go through out closets, pulling out different dresses. Once we found my dress, we picked shoes, jewelry, and a purse to match. Needless to say, we didn't go to bed till around 2:30am, which is extremely late for me but early for Catalina. Like I mentioned, we couldn't be more different.

The next morning I did my usual routine. I took a shower, did my hair and makeup while I sung old Spanish songs, got dressed, made breakfast. and walked towards the subway with Catalina. Once we got to our stop, we walked the five minutes to the office, then went our separate ways. She went to our office floor and I went into the café to get my latte. Like I said, my life is routine, secure. Things rarely ever change. Once I walk out the café, I see Mateo (as expected). Except this time was different. He looked at me and smiled, then nodded his head. This simple, small gesture, made me smile from ear to ear; completely making my morning. Once I get to my cubicle, I'm in the best mood every -- giggling like a little school girl.

The rest of the day went by fast, I did my work then met up with Catalina for lunch. We talked about our usual things, like office drama -- which is a lot given the size of the company. Afterwards, I did some more work before leaving at 4. Normally I leave around 5:30, but I got permission from Gina this morning, via email, to leave early since I have my event to attend. Once I get to the apartment, I set my things down, pour myself a glass of wine, and start playing music through my speaker. I'm the type of person that cannot do anything without music. I have a playlist for every mood and every event -- all with different genres of music. For me, creating playlists is therapeutic.

Once I get myself settled, I take a shower then begin blow drying my hair to make it straight. It's funny how things work in girl world. For special events, if your hair is curly then you straighten it -- but you curl your hair if it's straight. Crazy right? 

After I do my hair, I do my makeup, then get dressed. Last night, Catalina and I decided on me wearing a black, strapless dress. It has a slit in it, that goes up to mid thigh. My shoes are silver pumps, with the matching purse. After I get dressed, I walk towards the living room to get Catalina's opinion.

"Woah girl, you look gorgeous. So jealous!" She says as she pulls me in for a hug, then taking my phone to take a picture. As she finishes taking the picture, there is a knock on the door and all the sudden -- I've got butterflies in my stomach.