Chapter 21

I woke up wrapped around big, strong arms. I smiled to myself softly as I remembered last night — one of the best nights I've had. Carefully, I pry myself out of Mateo's arms — giving him a kiss on the forehead — then leaving the bedroom. As I walk towards my bedroom, I see Catalina walking towards her bedroom as well. She looks at me with wide eyes, then walks over to me as she giggles a little bit.

"Are you doing the walk of shame back to your bedroom, Ms. García?" She says, wiggling her eyebrows and leaving against the wall. I laugh as I quietly open the door, then lean against the doorframe.

"It's not a walk of shame if I'm happy about it. Where were you coming from this morning?"

Catalina immediately blushes, looking towards the floor as she runs her fingers through her hair. I take a minute to analyze her and realize that her makeup is smudged, her clothes are disheveled, and her hair is all over the place. As her eyes meet mine, I give her a wide eye — causing her to blush more. "I... uh... kitchen. I was hungry."

"Whatever you say babe. I'm gonna go shower," I say, pointing inside my room. She pushed off the wall and blows me a kiss as she walks back towards her room. I close the door quietly as I make a mental note to speak to Christopher about what's going on between them. I've grown a good friendship with him over the few weeks I've been living here; so I'm comfortable talking to him about it.

I walk into the bathroom and turn the shower on. Letting the water heat up, I take off Mateo's t-shirt... folding it and putting it in with the rest of my clothes. He's not getting this back, I say with a chuckle as I pull out leggings and a sports bra.

I step into the shower and let the water hit my body as I tilt my head towards the ceiling. My legs are still sore from last night, and I smile to myself as I start washing my hair.

After my thirty minute shower, I step out and wrap myself in my towel and start moisturizing my body. Just as I finish, the bathroom door opens and I see Mateo leaning against the doorframe. He's wearing black sweatpants and his hair is a mess. He rubs his eye as he looks at me, giving me a wobbly smile.

"You left."

"I did. I wanted to take a shower," I say, walking over to him and resting my chin on his chest. He kisses the top of my head before wrapping his arms around me.

"Shower in my bathroom next time. And wake me up for it," he says with a devilish grin. I laugh as I leave his embrace and walk towards the closet to get change. Once I finish, I walk out of the closet and start to brush my hair when I see Mateo laying on my bed. He looks at me and smiles briefly. "Plans for today?"

I face the mirror as I begin to start doing my hair. I decide to put it in a slick back ponytail, letting my curls be crazy today. "I need to go to the beauty supply store because I need more makeup."

Mateo walks over to the bathroom and starts looking at the different products on my shelf. I look back at him as I tie my hair into a ponytail. "What?"

"I never realized how much stuff you had; you really take care of yourself," he says, turning around with a smile before going back to looking at my stuff.

I grab my bottle of gel and begin to put some in my hair — scrunching my hair. "I like to look my best. Plus I enjoy spoiling myself," I say with a shrug as I continue my hair.

Mateo walks over to me and rests his hands on my waist, looking at me in the mirror. "Well I enjoy spoiling you too; so that's what we're doing today."

I finish scrunching my hair as I turn myself around and wrap my arms around Mateo. Then I stand on my tippy toes and giving him a soft kiss. It's gently, yet caring. "You always spoil me."