Chapter 24

Standing there on the dock, the wind is whipping through me -- doing nothing but leaving goosebumps all over my body. I'm standing here, playing with the necklace that also holds a tracker, as I'm monitoring the shipment that is currently going on.

I am terrified.

I know that it was my idea to go through with this plan in order to get Catalina and Valeria back, but wow, I don't think I've ever been so terrified in my life. I know that I'm prepared for everything; it's still the thought of going through with this.

The rest of the weekend I spent with Michael in the gym, training as much as possible. He taught me tons of self defense moves, along with moves that could possible help me escape -- if it came to that. If I wasn't in the gym, I was with Lorenzo and Gianni going over various different things. They helped me to prepare for what I was about to go through. The potential torture I may endure, the information I may have to leak (if it comes down to that), and what I could see.

To say I'm prepared is an understatement; but it's also an understatement to say I'm terrified.

Going into work today, I was on edge but tried to maintain things. Catalina's absence was questioned, but Mateo had told me to just tell everyone she has the flu right now -- and that is exactly what I did. I tried not to draw too much attention to myself; so I did what I'd usually do if Catalina was sick. 

But now, as I stand here, I'm starting to questioning myself as to if this is-

"Ms. Princess, Nikolay's men just arrived on the scene. Be alert, things could go down at any moment," I hear Landon say through my earpiece. I immediately start to scoop out the scene, and I spot Nikolay's two right hand men, Boris and Luka, begin to direct the four other men they brought with them for the shipment. 

They immediately spot me, making eye contact before they break away and whisper in each other's ears before looking back at me. I decide to wave slightly as I smile, trying to seem friendly. Then I bring my attention back to my four boys; seeing as they are almost done loading everything. 

"Hey guys, let's load up a tad bit slower alright? Nikolay just got here, so we need to wait for them," I whisper to them as they nod their heads -- acknowledging they heard me. Everyone in our Mafia is aware of the plan, so these four boys understand that tonight's trade is much more than just a trade.

It's a way to get our girls back; along with a way for me to risk my life. 

-----------

Thirty more minutes go by before we finally finish dragging our feet with loading everything; the same time as Nikolay's crew is finishing up. As I enter the car, I quietly speak into the earpiece, "Nothing is happening. They know I'm here, but have made no moves. We're heading back, what do I do?"

A minute goes by before I hear Mateo speak. One of the first rules I was taught was to not question myself in front of everyone else, but right now I don't care. I'm scared this plan isn't going to work, scared of what may happen if it does work. I'm just scared all around.

"Deep breath, it'll work out. If they don't do anything, come back here and we come up with something else. It's as simple as that," Mateo speaks simply. He's right, we can't force anything to happen. I can't force them to take me -- so why stress it. 

As we pull out of the parking lot, I'm just taking deep breaths and trying to calm myself down. We get about twenty minutes down the road before I realized that Nikolay's men's car is following me -- going the opposite direction of where their base is.

"Guys, we've got the men on us," I say out loud for everyone in the car, and earpiece, to hear. The guys in the front seat nod slightly and slowly start to step on the gas. 

"I'm going to give this to you because Mateo told me that you'll know what to do," Rio, who is one of the men helping us tonight, says as he slides a gun into my lap. I look down at it before nodding, quietly thanking him. 

"We need to move more towards the left side of the road, and try to keep the speed steady. I'm going to lean out the window and shoot at their tires," I say as I switch the safety off the gun, and pull my hair back. 

Rolling down the window, I get the gun ready and lean out the car. Within a few seconds, I fire the gun, sending a bullet towards the car but it does nothing but hit the front roof of the car. 

Fuck, I think to myself as I get ready to take the second shot. Just as I'm getting ready, I hear a bullet fly through the air and the back right tire blows up. The car immediately starts swerving everywhere as we lose control of the car.

Next thing I know, I fall out the car and my gun goes flying. My vision starts blurring as I see the car crash right into a tree. I touch my right hand to my head and feel wetness. Pulling my hand away, I see blood and start panicking. As I start trying to figure out what to do, I see a strange man inches away from face, and he starts speaking quietly.

"Hi Princess, you're coming home with us."

Then everything goes black...

-

-

-

Author's Note:

Hi there! I hope everyone is doing well :)

This chapter, how are we feeling? What do we think Nikolay is going to do now that he has Antonella in his hands? Do you think the plan will go well?

Thank you guys for 12k reads! I love you all endlessly <3

xoxo,

Ashley