Chapter 19

I woke up the next morning in a bed with the softest silk sheets I've felt, wrapped in a big, fluffy black blanket. It took me a whole minute before it registered that I wasn't in my bedroom. When I sat up in bed, I rubbed my eyes before looking around. That's when I noticed that the room I was in was... plain. Very plain and boring. There were two large bookshelves in the room -- although they were filled with different awards and pictures rather then books. There was a small table with some things on it, and by the window was two small love seats with a chess table in the middle. Just as I turn my head from the window to the other side of the room, I see Mateo standing in the doorway of his bathroom, wrapped in nothing but a towel.

Wow, he looks... wow, I think to myself as I take him in. His hair is now wet, draped in front of his eyes. He has water droplets on his chest and shoulders, and I notice the various different tattoos on him. His golden brown skin looks like it's glowing in the light. Honestly, he looks like a Greek god. 

As Mateo catches me checking him out, he laughs softly and walks over to the bed, "Good morning, I'm glad you're like the view." He walks over to the bed and leans over, giving me a kiss on the forehead and a soft smile before walking back towards the bathroom. 

I sit in the bed and bring the blanket up more to cover my chest, when I notice that I'm not wearing my clothes from last night. Instead, I'm wearing an oversized black t-shirt and I instantly blush. As I'm examining my clothes, Mateo walks out from the bathroom wearing black sweatpants and is rubbing his hair with his towel.

Almost as if he sees me examining my clothes, he speaks up. "You fell asleep in the car last night. I carried you to here and had Catalina take your clothes off and put on my t-shirt. Neither one of us felt like getting your pajamas," He says as he gets back into bed and pulls me into him. He wraps me in his arms and gives me a kiss on the head as he wraps his right arm around me, putting his left arm behind his head.

"Well thank you, I appreciate it," I say as I take my arm and put in on his chest, tracing his tattoo with my finger. On his lower right side, he has a tattoo of a butterfly -- it's beautiful honestly. The detail is so in-depth and there is writing beneath it in Spanish. It says, a mi mariposa, which means, to my butterfly.

"I got it for my Mother. Her favorite animal is a butterfly since they are free spirited and always beautiful," He says, rubbing my arm with his thumb. I instantly smile and look at him before giving him a kiss on the cheek.

"It's beautiful. I love the meaning behind it," I say as I rest my arm on his chest and softly close my eyes.

"Thank you, Toni. All my tattoos have some sort of meaning behind it -- even it's not the best thing."

"I like that. I think tattoos are cool but they are better when they have a specific meaning behind it."

"I'm glad you think so."

After that I drifted back off to sleep. If I'm being honest, I haven't slept much this week and I've been super busy. Between working on this new investment and training with the Mafia for the heist, I've been beat. Also, Mateo's bed is so comfortable. Like I thought my bed was comfy but no, his is. It's like sleeping on a cloud -- honestly.

----------

I woke up again around 10:00am, and when I went to get up, I felt a strong arm around me. I immediately smiled and gave it a small kiss before getting up. I walked over to the window and closed the curtains before leaving. He must be just as tired as me, I thought to myself as I closed the door softly. On top of training with the Mafia, Mateo has been helping me to get my footing in the life -- along with running the company. To say he is exhausted must be an understatement.