Chapter 18

Sitting stationed in our spots, waiting for the call to go in is one of the most "on edge" feelings I've ever felt. Everyone is just sitting there, waiting for Mateo to say the word. Once he does, we swarm the house -- everyone doing their designated jobs. I'm not scared, not one bit... I wasn't scared in the car either. I'm more anxious then anything, because I don't want to mess up. 

Not only is this an important day for the Mafia as a whole, it's an important day for me. I'll be setting my precedent for being "Mafia Princess"; letting everyone know that I was here to stay. Although I have respect from my Mafia, I don't have it from the rest of the underworld. However, I plan on receiving it -- one way or another.

Just as I am sitting in my head (as I always am), Mateo interprets my thoughts when I hear him say in my earpiece, "Go." That one simple word, two letters, sends everyone on a frenzy.

The Mateo and I are to stay back and be the last ones in the house; so we watch everyone storm it while we walk slowly towards the house. Apparently, according to the "Mafia Rules", the Mafia King and Mafia Princess are not allowed to be the first ones inside when raiding a house -- in case the enemy was suspecting something. It saves us from getting hurt immediately or putting us in risky situations... which is smart. As everyone raids the house, I see all the lights go on in every window, indicating that Nikolay was not alone, as we suspected. Mateo told me (in one of our many lessons about the Mafia world) that Mafia Kings usually are never in their houses alone. Besides employees, they usually have other members of their Mafia living with them; in case something were to happen. It makes sense; although a lot of things in the Mafia makes sense.

Once we get the okay from Christopher to come in the house, we do. I see that it's not as bad as I thought. Four of Nikolay's men lay on the floor -- none are dead but all are wounded. Our men are standing around them, making sure they don't try anything. I also see a few of our men upstairs, checking all the rooms to make sure there aren't going to be any surprises. I hear things going on in the basement, which means they have properly located the weapons and are getting them ready for departure. I smile to myself, proud that everything is going as planned.

As we make the turn on the right corner, leading to Nikolay's office, Mateo gives my hand one more squeeze, looking at me with soft eyes, "Last chance to back out. You can go sit in the car and I'll handle this. No judgement from anyone."

I smile softly, shaking my head. "No, I want to do this. It was my decision to join and I want to do this... I need to." Once I say that, Mateo gives me a soft smile and kisses me on the forehead.

We both turn on our stone cold faces as we walk in the room. Nikolay is tied up to a desk chair, his arms tied to the arm chairs and his feet bounded together. Christopher is sitting on a couch, tossing around a tennis ball he found and Carlos is standing next to Nikolay with his gun in his hand. When Nikolay sees that I walk in, he automatically has a devilish smile on his face -- and I so badly want to wipe it off.

"Now now, who do we have here? Finally showing off your sluts, Mateo? I have to say, she's really pretty. Mind if I borrow her?" He says, eyeing me as he slowly bites his lips. To says I feel uncomfortable is an understatement to be honest, but I don't show it. Instead, Mateo punches Nikolay right in the face, causing his nose to start beating. Carlos also raises his gun and points it right towards his temple.

Mateo is still fuming, and he's about to say something but I grab his hand, letting him know that it's my turn to talk. "Now now, funny that you think you could talk to me that way. You must not know who I am, allow me to introduce myself: I'm Antonella García and I'm your worst nightmare," I say, giving him a devilish smile as I look at Carlos. He puts his gun down and I bend over so I'm eye level with Nikolay.

"I'm going to tell you the two things I hate the most. I hate when people disrespect me and I hate when people steal from me -- and you did both. You really thought you could steal hundreds of thousands of weapons from my Mafia and think I wouldn't come after you? Well you're highly wrong," I say with a chuckle, pointing my gun right in between Nikolay's eyes. Carlos looks at me with a devilish grin, and I know Mateo is doing the same. Nikolay stares at me, terrified. "Do you know how badly I want to shoot you right now? Because not only did you steal from me, but you called me a slut. And I will have you know that I am far from a slut. I'm the princess... the Mafia Princess," As I say that, Nikolay grows even more terrified -- and I feel a sense of pride knowing that I can make someone this scared. Dark, I know but it's a feeling I've never really felt.

I point the gun towards his feet and fire it, a bullet going right through his left foot -- Nikolay moaning in pain. "That was for stealing weapons from me." Next I point the gun towards his right foot and pull the trigger, sending a bullet into the foot. He curses under his breath, still moaning from the pain; "And that was calling me a slut. Think the next time you speak to me -- otherwise the bullet is going right here," I say. pointing my gun to the middle of his forehead. After standing like this for the moment, I walk back towards Mateo, seeing his look of approval.

"Watch yourself Nikolay, you're dealing with the devil right now. Steal from us again, and it'll be worse," Mateo says, putting an arm around my shoulder and waving his gun as he talks. Once he says that, we hear in the earpiece from Valeria that all the weapons have been put in the cars and they are ready to go. He nods to Christopher and Carlos as we walk out the room. I know that from here, the two boys will rough up Nikolay some more, then leave. We walk out of the house, having two other people from the Mafia walk with us -- one in front and one in the back.

Once we get to the car, I get inside while Mateo waits outside, making sure Christopher and Carlos get out okay. The rest of the cars started to pull out -- with Valeria taking the lead since she's on the weapons team. Four cars stay behind, to make sure we get escorted back to the house safe. After another three minutes or so, Carlos says in the earpiece that they are walking out the house and that Nikolay is "in barely stable condition", which means he's not dead but isn't in the best condition ever. Once the two boys get back to the car, Mateo gets in and grabs my face, kissing me. It was unexpected and I was totally caught off guard but I kiss him back -- feeling everything in the kiss. The neediness, the determination, the attraction, the love.

After a moment, I pull away and laugh softly. "What was that for?"

He looks at me, and smiles softly. "Toni, what you did in there. That was so fierce, so boss like. It was-"

"Hot, dude you were like the hottest Mafia babe I've ever seen," Carlos interrupts, leaning over the back setting and grabbing my shoulders -- shaking me softly. I laugh as Mateo gives Carlos the death stare, and I can't help but to feel excited. I thought I got too carried away in there, but the guys seemed to think I did a great job.

"Yeah for real, I was shocked you had it in you. You did your thing though, like damn I'm scared of you," Christopher says, looking back from the front seat. I also notice that he is holding Catalina's hand and I make a mental note of that; making sure I ask about it later.

"I even heard it; it was great Ella! You really showed him!" Catalina says, touching her earpiece. I totally forgot that the people in the cars were able to hear all conversations -- so they can make sure everything is okay.

I smile to myself as everyone talks about it, mainly praising me because "they've never seen anything like it". After a few minutes, we all settle down and we hear from Valeria that everyone made it back to the house safely and they are unloading the weapons. I smile to myself, we pulled it off.

And if Mateo could read my mind, he pulled me into his arms and kisses the top of my head, whispering to me, "We did it Toni. You did it"

-

-

-

Author's Note:

Hey everyone! I'm sorry about not uploading on Thursday -- there was a problem with the uploading. But on a brighter note, I hope you guys enjoyed this chapter!

Let's talk! So we got to see the Mafia side of things. How do we feel about how Antonella handled things? Do we think it'll result in something worse?

Thanks so much for the continuous support -- I love all of you!

xoxo

Ashley