Chapter 18

Azerynir's lips crashed down on mine. I let out a closed-mouth squeal in surprise, reaching my arm to grasp the back of the couch. His lips were soft and tender against mine but the kiss was deep and full feeling. It soothed every nerve in my body.

I relaxed a bit and closed my eyes, letting him kiss me. My mind exploded with ecstasy in a way I'd never felt before. It reminded me of the time he made me orgasm. He began moving his lips ruthlessly slow, making me squirm beneath him.

He raised his other knee onto the couch to straddle my thighs between his. He kept himself sitting up off of me, so tall over me I had to relax my entire head back to give him access to my lips. Tenderly, I placed a hand on his hip, carefully sliding it up over his rock solid abdomen, feeling every raise of the muscles.

Every thought in my brain told me to push him off faded away and I relaxed, allowing him to take control. He took his hands off my face and placed one on the back of the couch, leaning onto it. His other hand grabbed hold of my neck, his thumb pressing against the edge of my jaw.

He pulled back from the kiss and looked down at me. His hand on my throat gently forced my head back and he dipped his head into the curve of my neck and kissed me hungrily.

My need for him filled my body and I whimpered out. He growled into my mouth and I felt it vibrate all the way through me, right to the spot between my legs that I clenched tighter. He stopped kissing me for a moment and breathed in deeply before letting me go. He pulled back, still leaning on the couch over me, and looked over my face. I watched his chest rise and fall as he panted loudly. The heat in my core made me shiver with need as I looked him over.

When he stood upright and began to turn, I felt my panic set in. He was about to leave me here feeling hot and heavy like he always did.

I reached out and grabbed his arm quickly to stop him. He turned back to look down at me. I frowned at him and argued, "If you leave me feeling like this I am going to Solik tonight".

He raised his eyebrows at me. "Didn't know you had a thing for him" I surprised myself as well. I wasn't sure if what I said was an empty threat or not. I was enjoying how much Azerynir was opening up to me tonight and I knew I didn't want it to go away.

I shrugged in response, chest still heaving from the kiss.

He looked me up and down before shaking his head, "If I completely feed on you, I don't think I'll be able to stop".

"What do you mean?" I asked. Was he saying he would kill me?

"I haven't fed on a human in a couple of hundred years. If you and I go too far too many times I don't think I'll be able to just stop feeding on you". He looked me in the eyes seriously. As scary as it sounded, something intrigued me about being his only one.

I frowned harder at him, "How old are you?" My voice barely came out above a whisper. He appeared to be in his mid to late 20s. All of the creatures I knew aged like us humans.

He squinted at me, "I'm not answering that". He began to pull his arm out of my grasp and I tightened my hand and stood up.

"If you keep feeding from me like this and not finishing the job then what am I supposed to do? Suffer?"

"No" he snapped back quickly, "I-I don't know". His eyes scanned the room, searching for an answer.

He let out a frustrated groan and ran his free hand through his hair. I let go of his arm and he brought it up to meet his other in his hair.

"What is so wrong with me?" The words slipped from my mouth before I could stop them. I don't know why I said it. I guessed I just wanted him so badly and it must have been the hormones he brought on inside me.