Chapter 30

Azerynir

I just returned Monroe, the Alpha's mate, was in Vales to check in on Valerio when it hit me. A thick, deep, soul burning ache in my chest. I curled over to the ground clutching my chest in one hand, Vienna.

Vanishing back to hell, I cried out from the pain of shifting, everything hurt and my power to transport through the realms was hindered. My talons clawed into the wood of the hallway as I attempted to push myself to my feet.

I roared out in pain and panic. Solik came running around the corner, his long black duster swinging with the movement. He had returned from our mission about an hour ago.

"Where is she?" I yelled at him, clinging to the wall.

He didn't say a word, just vanished for a moment before returning in front of me, "I don't know, she isn't here" he said worriedly.

He attempted to place a hand on my shoulder to calm me but I threw it off. "Azerynir" He tried as he wrestled to put his hands on me. His power hit me then, driving my back against the wall and forcing me to stay in place. My heart burned and I groaned, wanting to curl over again.

His one hand wrest on my forearm, taking away the pain and I breathed through my teeth, closing my eyes from the sensation.

He then released me from his invisible hold and my shoulders sunk forward with my head. "She's gone, where is she" I breathed in a whisper.

"We don't know"

_________________

Vienna

Sebastian and I sat on the hilltop of a grassy plane. "Now what?" I asked.

"We wait". He said. The sun was about to set over the horizon and I worried for nightfall.

"What are we waiting for?" I asked. The pang rang in my chest again and I groaned in pain.

Sebastian looked at me with concern. "What's wrong?"

"I don't know" I groaned out, "My chest, it feels like it's on fire"

Sebastian stood to his feet, "Ah, stay here." He then walked away and out of site.

I curled over on my knees as tears flooded my eyes and spilled down my cheeks. It was incredibly painful, like a chunk of me was being sawed off and ripped away.

Sebastian returned after about ten minutes and held out a few berries in his hand, "Eat one of these, you're experiencing a soulmate bond being pulled a bit too tight. These will help."

I took one and popped it into my mouth, wincing at it's sour taste. The pain continued though, after a few minutes, it finally eased.

"Explain that again" I breathed heavily.

"Your mate, being in purgatory pulls the bond between you two painfully tight."

Azerynir. That asshole may really be my mate like he wrote but that wasn't going to stop me from running. I will go home, spend a happy and long life married to Christian, and forget this all happened.

Just then, the sound of hooves sounded around us. I turned to see a figure on an enormous horse galloping up the hill toward us.

My heart rate quickened and I jumped to my feet, "Who's that?"

"Death, the one we were waiting for" He said still sitting.

"How did you know he would come?" I turned to look down at him.

"We're trespassing on his land" he shrugged and I frowned.

The rider approached and brought his clydesdale to a halt, raising his weapon at us. He wore all black with his face entirely covered, only his crystal blue eyes exposed. The mask covering his face was in the shape of a human skull, which resembled a real one but I couldn't tell if it was.