Chapter 23

Azerynir came charging into the room. I thought he wasn't supposed to be back for some time.

"Vienna, you have to come with me, now". He said urgently, his face looking panicked.

"Why, what's going on?" I asked, my heart pounding in my chest at a rapid rate. I looked him over and noticed copious amounts of blood covered his skin.

"We need to go, now". He held a hand out for me to take. I was glad he didn't push for why I was in here and stood to my feet. I debated on dropping the key on the chair but decided not to and walked to take his hand.

"Where are you taking me?" I asked, hiding my hand holding the key in the skirt of my dress.

"Vales". He said and before I knew it he shifted us out of his office. I blinked rapidly and found myself in the Main Palace standing in a hallway. I looked up at him in panic and asked, "What's going on, why are we here?"

"There was an attack here in the Palace by Blackburn." He said lowly.

My heart burned and I began to shake slightly. My mind raced with possibilities and settled on the idea that someone was hurt. Azerynir began walking quickly down the hall and I followed behind him.

I quickly placed the key down the front of my dress, tucked between my breast and the bodice. My breathing was rapidly increasing and I felt my distress eating away at my consciousness. The world felt like it rotated around me as I walked and I tried to focus through it.

Azerynir stopped in front of a door and I looked up trying to take in where we were. I was so focused on trying to regain myself that I didn't realize where we were going. I stood in front of my grandmother's room.

I raised my hands slightly and shook them along with my head backing away, "No, no, I-I can't-"

"Vienna" I heard Azerynir's voice whisper to me. Arms reached out to me and pulled me closer to the door.

"She asked me to bring you. She wants to see you". I heard. Before I knew it the door was opened and I walked into the room.

I felt numb as I walked in to see her lying on the bed. Her lips moved and her arm slightly reached out to me but I couldn't hear what she was saying.

I instinctively walked toward her. My vision tunneled as I tried to see around the room. I saw someone with blonde hair crouched by the bed next to where I stood and tried to focus on them.

I caught a glimpse of Scarlett with tears streaming down her face. She spoke to me but it sounded almost foreign. I could make out my name and something about the wolves, monsters.

My grandmother held my hand, shaking, and said nothing. Blood covered the bed around her and flashes of my mother's dead body rang through my mind.

Many other voices rang out through the room and a pair of masculine hands hugged me from behind. I turned to catch a glimpse of my father. I was in a full-blown panic now and I cried out in horror at the realization that my grandmother was about to die.

"Do something!" I screamed and turned to Azerynir who stood in the doorway. He stood calmly and didn't move, "Why won't you do something!" I screamed again. I began to stand up but my father's hands held me in place.

I struggled against his hold and he squeezed me tight to his chest. I looked back at my grandmother and saw a blurry vision of Scarlett laying over her. Her face was buried down into the bed and she gripped her hand shaking it slightly.

What appeared to be Alexandra and Georgia stood weeping in their parents' arms on the other side of the room while my brother sat on the other side of the bed. Elijah and James sat on a couch with their heads held in their hands.