Chapter 25

The Mortal and the Prophecy

Azerynir left last night without truly saying goodbye. I stayed up until the early hours of the morning secretly hoping he would stop in my room to announce his departure. I suppose I've been reading into everything a bit too much.

The words from Aurelia about how he said we were something more. The cuddling me into his bed after my nightmare attack. The lengthy moments of extended eye contact where I could see his masculinity fade into a soft, affectionate crave for tenderness.

This disquieted the benevolence I felt for him. I felt foolish at the least for expecting him to grant me the standards of an official farewell.

After breakfast I went back up to my room, I informed Elizabeth that I would like a bit of alone time. I closed the door and slid the couch in front of it then went straight for the books beneath the floor board.

Placing them both on the bed, I tucked myself under the covers and propped the pillows up to comfy myself. I opened the cover and began reading.

The first quarter or so was nothing important, just random accounts of things he did for work, odd encounters and a few thoughts and feelings. I skimmed through them briskly before I found an entry mentioning her.

August 2nd

Last night, I was summoned. The poor girl looked petrified, she could barely speak in my presence. I toyed with her until I grew annoyed with the shaking little stutters from the trapped victim. Interesting that I call her that considering she never released me from the summoning circle, technically, she had me trapped. If she were to be properly informed she would know I was utterly powerless in her bedroom, completely vulnerable to whatever she wanted to do to me. That's rule number one with summoning though, take control before they realize they have it.

Lucinda was her name, long silky black hair, fair pristine skin, large bedroom eyes that looked even more enticing when they were filled with fear. I liked the sight of that, her looking up at me from the floor, apprehensive of my next move. I like this one. She's easy to take control of, easy to flip the tables on. After a bit of banter and empty threats on my end, I let her know I couldn't do anything to help her unless she released me from the circle. The look on her face was one I may have enjoyed more than that look of helpless fright. The way her eyebrows scrunched together beneath her thick bangs and large innocent eyes attempted to scare me with the knew knowledge she held.

She's a low ranking royal in Tetford, being forced into marriage with some man who she does not desire. She wants me to interfere with it, stop the arranged marriage. Although I'm known for matters of the heart amongst the human realms, this was a bit out of my specialty. This was something Mare from the fifth kingdom would be much more inclined to help with. I agreed to help her anyway.

August 7th

I looked into the man Lucy was set to marry. He's no man at all in my opinion. Thirty-one years above her age, seven female born children, three wives who all have mysteriously passed of quote "illnesses". I see why she's desperate for help from a demon.

I skipped past the entries that didn't mention her, these journals were far too large and I wanted to quickly get through the information before someone noticed I was locked away in my room for too long.

September 12th

I've manipulated the situation enough so the ugly pig who wants to claim her as his own is no longer in the picture. So far out of the picture he must wait a few hundred years to return to the realms of the living. I've grown incredibly fond of Lucy, made it a habit of mine to visit her ever few days. Her father is angry over his failed match making skills but somehow is blaming her for it. Little does he know she has a devil working in her favor. I've yet to feed on her. We've been intimate but I don't want to taint her in that way. She's never been in love with anyone.

October 3rd

She told me she wants me to take her to hell. She wants to spend the weekend with me in the 1st kingdom. Her birthday is coming up and I agreed to give her a holiday in hell.

October 28th

I haven't gotten anything done this weekend. Lucy was here with me and we couldn't keep our hands off of each other. I fed from her finally and took from her what was worth so much money to her father. She was beautiful. Every moan that escaped from her lips sent me up another level entirely. I've never been filled so well from a feeding. We started slow, I showed her what her body was truly capable of making her feel. I used my fingers, hers, my mouth. I taught her how to please me as well, after she persistently asked of course. Her mouth felt amazing-

I stopped reading here and felt deeply uncomfortable, did Lucy know this was in here? I felt disgusted reading his perspective of her during sex. I didn't want to know any of this and certainly was ready to. Even though it caused a non-consensual warmth to simmer between my legs. I wondered about the way he wrote about me, if he even did at all.

November 12th

She has very quickly taken over my every thought and I cursed the moon goddess for not pairing us as soul-bonds. She should be mine, it feels too right for her not to be. Why isn't she mine? Why have I been so tightly strung to her? None of the other exclusive relationships I've had, as rare as they are, have been like this. She is the one, I know it. She must be the one to break us free.

November 28th

I've told her about the curse of the first kingdom. She knows everything about the curse and the prophecy to break it. She was terrified at first, then agreed to think about it. She's not my soul bond, I know this but if I turn her she could be. That is the only explanation I have for this connection, she is a human so the soul bond can't make the full link. She agreed to run away with me to hell next week.

January 22nd

Much time has passed since I've written. I honestly haven't gotten much work done with her around. She hasn't fully agreed to complete the prophecy yet and my kingdom and I are growing impatient. My people want this to be over once and for all. My father wants my mother back, if it wasn't for him she wouldn't be gone in the first place. She knows this too and is growing cold feet.

February 9th

She ran away. Back to the human realms. I have no idea how she managed to do it or find someone to help but she did. The second I found where she was I took her right back her. She can't leave. She has to help us. I lied to her, told her she was my soul bond. I pushed her too far, I need to give her time.

The rest of the journal was about 75 pages of intimate details about their relationship, I skimmed through it quickly, not finding any information useful then picked up the second journal.

I skimmed about half way through before I found exactly what I was looking for.