Chapter 26

August 19th

Tomorrow night she will complete the prophecy. Save us all. I've read the passage from the fate gods over and over again to ensure it's done right. She must be turned. Throat slit, blood spilled, and turned. It will take an incredibly large amount of power, turning a human is not light work. The chances of her dying are large but I know she is the one to save us. I know I have found the right one.

I flipped the page to find the next entry dated eight years later. He stopped writing for eight years after her murdered Lucy.

My heart was pounding so hard I could feel it in my temples. He manipulated her into her death. Is that what he had planned for me? To lure me in and end my life?

I jumped off the bed and moved the couch, running down the halls to his room. I need to read his most recent journals. I need to know what he has written about me. I brought the other journals with so I could return them when I was finished.

I shoved his bedroom door open in a rage, not bothering to close it behind me. I ripped the book out of the drawer and sat my back against the edge of his bed, flipping through the pages.

April 20th

I've been assigned to watch a girl in the human realms, a duchess named Vienna. Her father is Valerio, the one we can't let complete the high rule.

There was that high rule again. I need to figure out what that is. Why wouldn't my father tell my siblings and I? Why is it such a big secret and what is so bad about it?

I've been watching her in the shadows for some time now. She's an interesting woman. Observant, quiet, sometimes a bit outspoken but she's quick to realize her wrongdoings. There's something about her that pulls me closer, something different this time.

I read through passage after passage of Azerynir stalking me. He was watching me almost every other day. It made my skin crawl knowing he's been in my life a lot longer than I could have ever imagined.

August 17th

I fed from her and gods was it amazing. I almost couldn't stop myself from taking her fully. I only touched her, nothing more, but it was the most exhilarating feeding I've ever had. Her skin was so soft and by the time I put my hand between her legs she was already so wet for me. I didn't have to use any power over her, it was like her body knew who I was. Knew exactly who's soul was with her. She could be the one to save us. If she truly was mine, there's no way it wouldn't work.

September 1st

I've had to sit and watch that idiot of a human please her. She has no idea the pleasure I could bring her and it's frustrating having to sit back and allow him to put his hands on her in all the wrong places. Her sister is annoying me greatly, pushing her to engage with him. I've decided to take it upon myself to persuade her into leaving the boy alone. I had no intention of making my presence known but when I saw that human man all over her, I had to do something. I fought back from stopping them but gave her a slight warning in that library. She seemed to easily brush it off and I couldn't control myself. It felt so wrong but the demon inside me took over after the ball back at her palace. I don't feed on fear but the stimulation from toying with her in the hall was enough to send me over. I know now I've gone too far and there is nothing I can do. I visited her a third time yesterday and spoke to her, and teased her for being intimate with someone else. She's mine and I can't help but want to keep it that way.

I remember that night like it was yesterday. I remember spotting glimpses of Azerynir through the crowded ballroom. I remember the terror I felt when he chased me down the hall. I remember his hot breath on my neck when he woke me.

I flipped a few pages, skipping over a chunk of passages.

October 14th

Her orgasms give me more power than any other human ever has. I've never felt so electrified from feeding in my life. She was amazing and It terrified me. I have no intention of exposing her to the depths of hell and I'm growing worried about how comfortable I'm getting around her. Toying with her fear and lust back to back is becoming dangerous. Another string attached between us after that last night, I could feel it deep in my soul. If she truly was what I thought she was, I don't think I could subject her to horrors of my world. I don't think I could ruin her the way I ruined Lucy.

October 26th

They were finally attacked tonight. Lycans stormed the West Vales Palace and captured the girls. They were using them as a shield to get to the queen. They were so close to capturing her. So close to my mission to protect her from failing. I got there just in time. She saw me and recognized me. I could see it on her face. That final string tied us together and I knew. She's my soul bond.

November 1st

She's here in hell now. I had to take her with me, I have to keep her safe. I want to get her out of hell as soon as possible though. I don't want her to know what we are. I don't want her to become intertwined in my life, it's too dangerous. I want her to stay safe in the human realms, live out her life happily and in peace where I can watch over her. I was much younger and ignorant with Lucy, I used my first love for my own gain and I can't bare to do so with Vienna. The closer to me she gets, the closer she is to that prophecy.

December 4th

After the ball, I could't help but kiss her. She looked so beautiful and I wanted nothing more than to let her know just how much I wanted her. I can't though. I can't let her know. It kills me every moment of everyday knowing that if she desperately wanted to be with me I still would have to deny her. I care about my people and kingdom but my love for her tops that by a far. I'd do anything to keep her safe. I don't want to mess up again.

January 19th

I'm loosing control. Her symptoms are killing me and I have to relieve her in someway. I've been able to keep my hands off of her, sometimes even stay a couple hundred feet away but gods is she addicting. I know it hurts her to see me with Aurelia but I'm starving for her and if I didn't take it out somewhere I'd loose my mind. I'd do anything to hold her tight against me while she screamed out my name. Have her claw into my back until I bled, make love to her and care for her and make her feel so wanted that she looks at every past relationship as if they were lifeless and empty excuses for love. I want her with me more than anything. I want her to want to save me too.

I threw the journal down on the bed and rubbed my face, at some point I had stood up and was anxiously pacing around his room while reading. I nearly screamed at a few parts. Did Azerynir actually love me? I have no idea what a soul bond is but I get the feeling it's some sort of mate similar to the werewolves.

Sure, I feel a weird pull toward Azerynir but nothing like what he is describing. He's obsessive, a stalker. Yes, it's flattering in a weird way but goodness! The guy needs to get a grip. If he liked me that much why would he even hesitate to express it. If you're thirsty for water and someone offers you a glass... you drink the water.

What could he possibly be so afraid of? I need to figure this prophecy thing out, it clearly has something to do with it.