Smiler x Reader

24/7 I see this smile. And it won't leave me alone.

I learned quickly, that he won't attack, harm or hurt me.

He's simply there to annoy me.

In Level 1 is it way darker than in Level 0. It's like a huge subway-like area with many parking lots. Perfect for someone else to stalk me.

I glanced at his never ending grin - wide and bright like the light he radiates.

I rolled my eyes at him, which was responded in a high crackle and teeth grits.

Tho I know he hasn't made a move to harm me and rather stayed there where he is, it made me force to never step foot into the dark areas.

But one day in the Backrooms, I sadly had to...

I stood infront of the darkness that could be considered room itself.

Today was different: My Smiler-Stalker hasn't shown himself today.

Seems like he's busy with something else.

Perfect for me then.

I inhaled sharply, which caused me to cough uncontrolably.

*Rustle*

...

I heard it. I'm not alone here.

I turned quickly, scanning the area of Level 1.

...

...

That wasn't my mind. I swear and know it.

I was afraid, of course, but I didn't want to go down without a fight now. Level 1 was still far from any exit, but it was such a well efforted progress for me, that it would be pretty embarrassing to die now...

Oh~ Now I saw it. A hound, behind a square, white pillar.

It tried to stare it down - it would work normally.

But it didn't...

Slowly lureing closer.

It didn't!   

It began to creep faster.

IT DIDN'T!

That thing of a potatoe sprinted with it's strong legs at me, while I yeeted myself into the darkness and further.

The hound made me run so bloody hard, it made me trip like horror movie girls. How pathetic :(

Somehow though, it's revealed that the entrance to the shadows was a door - hidden inside of it.

How could I overlook the hinges?

Yet what's more important to me: How did the door close by itself?

I supported my body with hands - shoulders backwards and behind me.

I can't see shit... No good.

,,Door-closing-friend, I gladly appreciate the help against my locked-out-enemy. Yet I can't see your pretty face and I'm freaking out in the darkness honestly.", I spoke out my gratitude to air.

I'm not familiar with an entity, which is air itself.

A weird sound appeared, which caused me to freeze. It's like you stroke many layers of paper, but more disturbing.

Suddenly a smile appeared.

A large and yellow one... with two eyes designing a creppy face to make everyone scream for their life.

Oh, but not me, I just groaned.

I let myself fall to the floor, my hands to my face, obviously unhappy.

As I released my face from them, letting them fall to my sides, he was right above me.

,,Sup.", I greeted my Smiler friend.

I got a head-tilt as a response, smile still intact.

,,So... where have ya been? Kinda missed ya.", I admit, blushing the darkness.

He just backed away a bit, so I sat up and smiled back at him.

...

I slowly reached behind me, because I found a cute lantern, which the light source can be controlled with a moving lever.

I know that smilers avoid light at all cost. I mean: They're literally are darkness itself.

Maybe I undertestimated his sight within darkness, because he backed away further as it noticed my lantern.

,,No, no! Don't be afraid, please." I reach my hand out to him. Curiously he stopped moving, examine my (s/c) hand. Quietly, I continued ,,I just don't want to sit in complete darkness."

He hasn't come closer.

,,I promise it's not that bright...", I whispered.

Hesistantly he came back.

And I turned the lever slowly.

My fave visbily now, so was my smile.

Is it just me or did his smile get wider? Nevermind.

With patience I put the lantern with it's warm light infront of me.

,,So..."

,,My name's Y/N."