Smiler x Child!Reader

( ・ω・)☞ ToastAddict This is platonic. I'm sorry if it sounds weird. ಥ_ಥ

-3rd Pov.-

To explore is facinating for a child.

Only as long as they don't realize, that they're lost. No parent in sight.

Y/N hasn't yet.

But, let's face it: If a grown up struggles to survive in the Backrooms, then there's no hope for a child. Right? Y/N would need someone at their side.

How high is the chance to meet someone in the Backrooms you can trust? Low... Sadly low.

If there's someone by their side, someone aware of their innocent precense, if they are willing to protect what's not even theirs: How much are they risking for a child? I know someone would.

The dark areas of the Backrooms are dangerous. How knows what's lingering inside of them? Is it safe to step inside? To... explore? A Smiler knew it was not. He had to watch carefully of the childs next moves. He doesn't want to be seen. What if you would run away? Run into something he himself hated?

He couldn't let that happen, right?

Always on guard, always spotting, always glancing, always gazing for you. It sounds weird, but he means it as a parent. Maybe a dark fairy - something watching over you.

,,Smiley!"

What?

He just dazed out for one second, and he already had your attention. Your joyful expression eased him a bit. He cannot change his grin or eyes - it's glued stuck forever. 'Til the day he dies.

They way you called him in such ridiculous manner made him huff. Ugh. Dare youself to be friendly! Don't think he'll give you any food. He was simply there to... to observe! Yeah, right! If he could step out onto the light, a finger waggle would make you silent, that's a promise! Why do you come closer? For entity's sake! Can't you see he's trying to protect you?!

,,Your smile's sooooo wide!", Y/N chirped and exaggerated with her short arms, holding them high up in the air. A short, high screech gave you off as some sort of respond. Huff! Why make him feel so appreciated? There are thousands of Smilers around here. If so, you could've said it to anyone-

,,I saw someone like you earlier. He had not very well cleaned teeth, I must say. Yours are much whiter!", the child praised him. The Smiler looked the other way. Pff. Yeah, whatever floats your boat, kid.

,,Ya have trasha?", they asked. If the Smiler could, he would give you Meme-Faces for days. Kid, talk like normal people please. ,,Treshure. No-No. Trista? Treasv... Trash?"

Uhhhhh...

,,Agh! Big box with jewels inside!", the child yelled frustrated. Oh. Oh, no? Why would he have treasure? Kid, Imma feed my family your kind. What do you expect?

Anything, but that. Let's face it.

,,You look like on of the scary monsters in caves!", they chirped with pride. Before he could ask himself if you were mocking him you said: ,,I'll be on your side and protect our treasure! Hey! I got to say it right!"

...

He has no clue what you're talking about, but it seemed fun. Playing with as an ally against enemies. He came to the conclusion, that not all humans are bad. Expecially the smaller ones.

,,Come on!", you exclaimed a bit loud, making him flinch a bit. You guessed where his shoulder was and patted him inside the darkness as you proudly entered. ,,Let's find blankets and furniture to build caves. We need to hide ourselves to prepare afterall!"

Oh kid... you just gave him a much more purpose to protect ya, I can tell.