[Shinobu Kocho] || Oh Dear...

[ Child of Uzui reader, adopted ][ First Person POV ]

_Y/n_

Walking around the Butterfly Estate, I saw Tanjiro practicing his breaths, rolling my eyes as he fell over before walking over to him, helping him to his feet as he panted, running out of a breath and I just sighed. "You're gonna end up killing yourself if you over train, take a break, why don't you, you klunk head"

Balling my hand into a fist, a lightly knocked on the top of his head before hearing Shinobu call out for me, making me turn my head and smile at the Hashira, feeling a bit uneasy as I felt a strong wave of anger cloud my senses. And no matter how hard I tried, she just wouldn't let me help her.

Letting go of the red haired boy, I walked over and saw her face as I looked nervous, and I guessed she knew why because her smile seemed genuine for once as she lead me through the manor, only telling me that my father and mother's were here. I gulped hearing that my mother's were hear, and so I guessed that was in trouble.

It didn't help that during the fight with Upper 6, I pushed Dad out of the way before any real damage could happen to him, but instead it happened to me. I was barely alive, being held at the Butterfly Estate to be cared for, yet I was able to walk after a few weeks finally. Nor did it help that I was my Father's Tsuguko and I could've died, almost leaving no one but the current boys that hang around with me and the Hashira's to fill my place.

We reached the front and I saw my parents, smiling to them as I walked to them, giving them a nervous smile before I felt a pair of arms wrap around me, seeing my 2nd mother, Suma, crying as she hugged me, shaking me lightly as she cried about almost losing me. I only laughed and hugged her back, rubbing her back before the other two join the hug, being smother by kisses on my head along with hugs, I tried to squirm free but I didn't have no luck.

I looked at my father as he's been rather quiet, which was odd because he was usually boasting about how flamboyant he was, or how flamboyant I am. I looked to my mother's as Suma and Hinasturu got off of me, making me begin to think something was wrong, and I looked at my father. "Da-"

"Don't Dad. Me. Y/n Tengen."

I felt a shiver run down my spine, never seeing my father so upset with me and turned back, looking at Shinobu as she watched from around the corner, holding the handle of her blade in case she had to intervene.

"Dad, what's wrong?"

"Y/n. You could've injured yourself by fighting the Upper 6. And worst of all, I didn't even know you were in the district! I tried contacting you by our crows but I received nothing back. You went silent on me, and I saw you barge into the battle as if it was nothing, only to almost die!"

Feeling anger rise in me, and furrowed my brows as clutched my hands, gritting my teeth as he knew nothing about why I was there. He never asked. I received no crows. Nothing.

"If you sent crows, then where were they?! And if you actually wanted to show your concern, you would've grabbed me and forced me out of the battle, except I saved Mom and this is the thanks I get?! If I wasn't there, you could've been dead! Also, to let you know, Father. I went to the district to visit my mother's because I can't talk to them for shit!" Yelling a bit louder, my voice cracked and I began to notice the tears starting to slip from my eyes, feeling a pair of arms around me and turned to see my first mother, Makio, hugging me.

"Y/n! You are my only daughter I have. Do you know how devastated your mothers and I would be if we lost you!? I don't care if I could've gotten hurt. I want you to be safe!...Which is why I'm I'm. It's because I don't want you in the Corps anymore."

Staring at my father, my face dropped and I froze. It never occurred to me that he would try to end my time as a Demon Slayer, just yell at me about my safety. I blinked a few times before laughing from shock, not hearing the feet running towards me and hold me along with my Mother, leaning into the touch, I felt my breath slip away before more tears streamed down my face, still looking at my father before I finally processed his words. "Are you serious?"

"Yes I am. I don't want you to be my Tsuguko of you're gonna keep on getting hurt."

"...So all of my training was for nothing...all of my time was wasted, learning your breathing type and making my own with the help of Shinobu and Kanao..."

"Y/n, you heard what I said. I don't want you putting your life on the line anymore."

"OH YOU'RE THE ONE TO TALK. What would've happened if you were to die out there, huh?! You adopted merely a year ago and now you're trying to act like this big tough guy! Well guess what, you can't play that forever! I don't want to be your damn Tsuguko anymore! I can just be someone else's or I can become a Hashira myself.

Getting out the grasp of the two, you walked to the male, only having more tears flow down your face as you grabbed your sword from off the wall, the one he gave you and leaned against a nearby end table, gritting your teeth as the pain in your side and chest became unbearable. But you pushed on, roughly placing your blade into his hands and growled at him. "Take my sword then. I'll get a new one."

Feeling a more familiar comfortbility as arms wrapped around me again, I turned to the girl who was holding me and smiled as it was Shinobu, and clarified her as a best friend. I am thankful nonetheless, only to be picked up and walked back down the hall as my 2nd mother follwed in pursuit, crying as I was brought into the Revovery Bay, being placed down in the bed that was mine and looked to the two boys who were laying in the beds beside me, sleeping heavily before I noticed my mother's around my bed.

"I already know what's coming...come here mums" I held out my arms as I spoke, Suma immediately going into them as I rested my head on her shoulder, feeling more comfort as my other mothers gathered around me, joing the cuddle session as I smiled. "Thanks mums...I'm sorry for freaking out..."

"It's alright, dear. Your father will calm down eventually." I heard Suma say, though I highly doubted it but just shrugged, closing my eyes and looked at Shinobu, seeing her smile at me softly before leaving, and I guessed that it was to work on her poisons.

Who knows. She's one mysterious woman...and I love the way she is.