Detention Confessions -『Kanae』

[ F ] [ 2nd person pov ] [ Highschool AU ]

Your crossed your arms and huffed as music blasted into your ears, hating every buy of detention while you waited for your teacher to come and monitor you. You found it so stupid for getting detention becuase you weren't in the cafeteria during your lunch, especially when you're a senior and trying to tutor a freshman. A groan fell from your lips, leaning your head back before feeling a tap to your shoulder and fell out of your chair, not even hearing how girly your scream was, you were spooked.

Taking off your headphones, hearing the faint voice of Taylor Swift from them as you stared at the girl, noticing that it was Kanae, an old friend who was stuck in detention with you. A fellow senior stuck with you. It didn't help that you had a crush on her and it was only you two in the room, making you sigh before turning your head and pause the music before it outed you even more, feeling your cheeks heat up as the girl let out a small laugh and pat your head.

''Ara ara~ Does someone have a crush? Wanna tell?''

You mentally groaned at her question, feeling the urge to bang your head on a wall multiply more than ever. Embarrassed and flustered. That's what you were feeling. You scratched your cheek as your brows furrowed, taking a few moments to just get the courage and shoot your shot, knowing you had nothing else to lose at this point.

"Uhm- I do have a crush, and it's on this girl called Kanae Kocho. I share half of my classes with her and she's just an amazing person, I feel thankful to even know her since elementary."

Looking at her, you saw her cheeks grow red and quickly hugged you, making you smile and hug her back as you buried your head against her shoulder, feeling a few tears threaten to fall from just how embarrassed you were. She rubbed your back, hearing a fee words being mumbled but didn't understand them, having a small wave of confusion run through you before she pulled away and shook you by your shoulders, making the world spin.

''Are you serious? I feelndumb for asking but-''

You cut her off by placing a quick peck to her forehead, feeling just how flustered she was and hugged her again, picking her up and twirled around as she pushed herself up while using your shoulders. She wrapped her legs around your waist and nuzzled her face against your neck, your smile getting bigger by the second as the teacher who was supposed to monitor you just stood in the doorway, loving the moment.

You let out a soft laugh, sitting back downnin a chair and just rested your head on her shoulder, feeling yourself calm down at the smell of her perfume. It was practically yours which made you have a small guess on if she liked you. Having the perfume of Milk and Honey was something not everyone would have or even like, but she loved it when you showed it to her. But she also wore it days were it seemed like she was gonna confess something to you only to wuss out.

"You're such a simp"

''Says you-''

Rolling your eyes, you felt your eyelids get heavy and you felt at ease with her in your arms, finally having a moment to sleep after the hellish day of school. You honestly thought thatbif you didn't have detention, you would be at home, curled up in a ball with a million blankets, napping to regain any energy before enough even laid a finger on your textbook.

"You actually like me?"

''Who wouldn't? You're like the perfect girl. Tough but still have a way of being gentle. You don't care about what anyone says about you, but sometimes when it does hurt, you find a way to switch the negative to good. You're amazing, Y/n. And you better keep that in your stubborn head forever''