Soft Love - 『Kanao』

[xreader] [2nd pov] [Older sister of Tanjiro] [Wind Tsuguko]

[TW: SMALL INDICATION OF SELF-HARM. READ WITH CAUTION.]

~

~

~

A huff fell from your mouth as you looked up to Sanemi who was having a very annoyed expression on his face at the announcement of letting your younger sister live. It was news to you just now that your family was slaughtered and your younger siblings, Tanjiro and Nezuko were the only survivors. Mainly since you never could send letters to them, only to your mother and talked about things she thought you were doing. "Y/n. Are you listening?!" Turning your head to your mentor, you then looked at the box he was holding and rose to your feet, walking over before being stopped. "Cut your arm. Let's test to see if your little demon of a sister didn't actually eat your family. If she did, she would love the smell of your blood and go to attack you." He said, making you nod and sigh with disbelief.

You had daggers as a way to use your breathing style. It is more lethal close up. "Yes sir." Was all you could respond with, taking the box from him and went into masters mansion, setting the girl in the shade and left the door a bit open; grabbing a dagger from your sheath, it spun in your hand before you stopped it and pressed it to your skin. A moment of hesitation happened before you balled your fist and let the blade run across your fingers as blood soon poured out. You only stood there with a straight face as the box slowly opened, looking down, to the girl who is your sister and watched as worry filled her eyes. You felt her small arms wrap around your legs, tapping your calf, wanting to see the injury you inflicted onto yourself; to which you bent down and felt her hold onto your hand, grabbing onto your uniform and tore a bit of it off, using it to stop the bleeding.

"Well. I think it is shown. Nezuko Kamado will not hurt humans but would rather help them. Is she cleared once again...Master?" You asked, turning your head to the older male and he nodded. You patted Nezuko on the head before turning your heels as she got back into the box, having Master give you the dismissal of the meeting and made your way to the Butterfly Estate to be treated. A small yawn slipped from your mouth as you landed near the coy pond and turned around, seeing Kanao holding a wooden sword, just staring at you before noticing the makeshift bandage and ran over to you. She took a gentle hold onto your hand, seeing blood run down which made her rush you inside, into her room and forced you to sit down. Words never had to be spoken between you two, you loved how she is now, and she loved how you are as well.

Making quick work of the wound, she put an actual bandage over it before pulling you into a hug, hearing a soft sigh fall from her and just rubbed her back, resting your head upon her shoulder as your non-injured hand was being held within hers. A smile fell onto your lips as you kissed her cheek, pulling the girl down onto the mat with you and wrapped your arm around her waist, only hearing a soft and quiet yelp come from her and prop herself up to hover over you as she stared down at you. It took a few moments before you looked up to her with a small smile, connecting your gazes together and just stared. "I love you...Kanao Tsuyuri..."

Silence fell between you two before she tapped your cheek to make sure your mind was still present before leaning down, placing a small peck against your lips as her face turned red with embarrassment, quickly hiding her face into your chest and mumble something, making you become flustered and red faced yourself. "I-...I love you too...Y/n Kamado" her voice was always so soft, hard to hear but not for you. You always heard her talk because no one else could hold your attention for as long as she could. You just pulled her closer and closed your eyes, pulling the covers over the two of the you and made sure she was comfortable as you shifted around to be a bit more comfortable yourself.

It didn't take long for the two of you to fall asleep, but you both had to wake up too soon at the sounds of Aoi shouting at what appeared to be a new friend of Tanjiro. You covered Kanao's ears and shifted you both to your sides and made sure she still had some of the covers over her before detaching yourself from the girl and tucked the blanket under her a bit to keep her warm, quickly planting a soft kiss to her forehead and grabbed your belt and daggers. A yawn escaped your lips as you went to the infirmary, trying to buckle your belt as you watched Aoi yell at the yellow haired boy. What an odd hair color. "Aoi, what's wrong? You could've woken Kanao. She hasn't been sleeping well lately, especially with what she heard from my last mission with Sanemi." You said, going to her side and sheathed your daggers that were positioned above your hips.

"He's being difficult and not taking his medicine." She said, letting out frustrated huff which made you smile and let out a small laugh, something that appeared to be a new sight for your brother. "What's wrong, Tanji? I've always smiled, you just barely remember me since I did leave to get married when I was 13." He nodded to your statement, soon asking about why you're a demon slayer and you just sighed. He pried open the yellow haired boys mouth, pouring the medicine down before shutting his mouth closed as he seemed to be flailing in the bed which made you smack him. "Respect where you are. This is Shinobu's Estate. You are welcomed here and are expected to be well behaved. The only thing covered here for free is food and medicine. If you break something, you will pay for it."

You watched him nod a lot and said many apologies before he started to blush a rather a lot for 15 year old. So he's that kind of boy. Feeling a pair of arms wrap around you, you knew who it was but you still jumped. Her footsteps are so silent. So light. "Kanao?" Turning around, you felt her grip tighten as her face was pressed into your back, to which you guessed that she had a nightmare about her past once again; she always liked how your scent calmed her down, the way comfort can come from someone even though they're not there at the moment. You looked at your brother who was smiling at the moment, as the boy with yellow hair kept staring at YOUR girlfriend. Checking her out basically. You fully turned your body and wrapped your arms around her, resting your head on her shoulder and mumbled sweet nothings into her ear to help calm her down. "Are you okay for me to let go right now Kanao?"

She nodded against your shoulder, slowly letting go of your uniform before you walked over to the boy and grabbed the rim of his nursing outfit, lifting the upper half of his body out of the bed. "If you ever check out my girlfriend ever again. I will gouge your eyes out and force feed them to you, and then maybe, I'll cut your ears off. Understood." You felt his head nod almost too much before dropping him onto the bed, feeling your lover grab the sleeve of your uniform and give it a small tug, making your smile reappear and followed her back to her room; you now knew what she is upto, and you're all for it. She laid down first, pulling you down softly and checked your hand before allowing you to let that hand rest anywhere on her, but you just kept it near her face, mainly having her cheek rest on your palm.

You knew that if Kanae and Sanemi saw, they would both love to see that you two got together. Mainly Kanae...you missed the old Hashira, you wish that she could see the way Kanao always opened up to you and gave you the warmest smiles, the smallest kisses, and the best care. As much as you can, you're helping Kanao follow her heart. The two of you are the younger version of what could've been the Wind and Flower Pillar. A soft side and a rougher side of the relationship.