Soft Love - 『Kanao』

[ xreader ] [ pt.2 of Soft Love ] [ not Canon]

It was yet another morning, and another day of training your brother. He was hard headed, both mentally and physically. You couldn't help but want to peep off the skin on your face everytime he did something dumb, but that's what happens when it comes to siblings, and at this point. You did not care about limits. You only cared about making sure he actually got something out of training with you. So he taught him the proper hold of a blade. Taught him hand to hand combat, how to use daggers. You made sure he knew why you were a Tsuguko. "Y/n, can we end for the day? It's almost night and you haven't eaten anything" You listened to his whine and shook your head, grabbing a wooden sword and motioned for him to grab his real one. You didn't have to say anything, you simply rushed him sword, sliding underneath his attack and swung the wood into the back of his knee.

He fell to the ground and glared at you, making a smirk crack onto your lips as you jumped back to give him some space. It wasn't even a second lasted before orange and red flames came from his sword and he swung at you, looking into his eyes that held determination and frustration. You felt your heart race, rolling to the left and felt his blade slice against your arm, leaving a searing pain and blood pooling from the wound. It was almost as if a small piece of lava was put into the cut to make you experience agony, falling the ground and refused to put your hand over the cut to stop the bleeding until the burning sensation went away. You noticed someone at your side but couldn't tell who it was, being lifted by someone and brought in to be treated. It all felt like some dream that turned into a nightmare.

By morning, the pain finally died down and you woke up with panic inside your body, filling your soul to the brim. You turned over, feeling your body stop midway as it pressed against something and opened your eyes, seeing your lover's head resting at your side until you awakened. Your hand ran through her hair, wanting to pull her onto the bed with you until you noticed that your other arm was restrained, making your confused before noticing the sling. So he hit your shoulder. The moment she felt you move around, she sprouted up and placed her hands against your cheeks, making you smile and take one of her hands, placing a kiss to the palm making her calm down only slightly. No words needed to be spoken, actions were loud enough. Her eyes were loud enough. The way they were filled with relief yet sadness, how they showed how many emotions were swirling through her body was enough to make you feel guilty about pushing your brother, but soon it went away as she hugged your body.

It was nice. Her warmth contradicting your rather cold body, even after last night. She held onto you tightly, and all you did was simply lay yourself down and motioned for her to just lay next to your uninjured arm, wanting to take in the scent of flowers, wanting to feel her arms wrapped around you protectively, wanting every ounce of safety she gave you. It was greedy, but you didn't care. You just wanted your girl. It felt like it was one of those moments where you could say it. Express to her your emotions, but it felt so weird, it felt like even though you two say it rarely, it was secretive. Something that should never be said unless it had to. You looked into her eyes, leaning your head forward a bit as she did the same, meeting in the middle and closed your eyes, feeling her soft lips against yours. Your heart began to beat faster, so did hers, you could feel how nervous she was through the way her chest was against yours, how her hands twitched ever so slightly, how when you opened your eyes and watched as she opened hers, she looked at you with curiosity, wondering if she did well.

You let out a soft breath, placing a soft peck to her forehead as her face was soon buried away against your chest. You felt happy to have the girl in your arms, happy to know that she feels safe with you, happy to know that she is yours. "I love you, Kanao. I apologize if I never say that too often." You mumbled into her hair, feeling her take in a deep breath as her heart began to beat against her chest, beating against yours as well. "I- I love you too, Y/n. I love you a lot" your fears melted away when she said it back, placing another kiss to her head and closed your eyes, simply wanting to fall asleep and hope to make the girl more comfortable as she did as well. It wouldn't be long until the two of you wouldn't be able to be near each other for an extended period of time. Not long until chaos struck.

(A/n: Thinking about making Soft Love into a full book about one of the Butterfly girls, mainly Kanao since there isn't many about her. Let me know your thoughts on if I should or not)