[ Daki/Uppermoon 6 ] || Demon's aren't Good.

[ x reader ] [ F ] [ First Person ]

(1476 Words)

_Y/n POV_

Sitting on a rooftop, I stared out at the sky as I waited for someone to come visit me. Our little hangout spot...just me and her.

I pulled my legs closer into my chest, feeling my belt shift upward as my katana's sheath scratched at the tile below me. The sound wasn't at all pleasing, but I could bare it for now. It was simply a waiting game.

The moon was bright while the night helped it shine even brighter than the sun. It was peaceful and quiet. Not a single sound except for the nocturnal animals to just so anything. Peaceful. Something I always wanted for quite a long time.

I unbuckled my belt, removing it from my waist and set it aside, slowly pressing my back to the roof behind me and continued to stare, closing my eyes and let myself grown quiet, letting the silence fill my head and relax, not noticing the pair of footsteps coming near me.

Was it normal for a demon and human to be in love? To love like a normal couple and be healthy?

I don't know myself, all I know is that she gives me butterflies each and every moment I spend with her. It all felt real. So real and so...loving.

"Y/n, dear, hope you weren't waiting on me for too long~" I heard a whisper on my ear, opening my eyes and turned my head to the girl next to me, smiling as my my vision was a bit blurred due to almost falling asleep. "Hello love" I responded, pushing myself onto my elbows and rested my head  on her side while her fingers ran through my hair.

I leaned closer into the touch, smiling as I tilted my head up, looking at her and placed my hand on her cheek. She was a big softie around me but no one else. It was confusing. My mission was to kill her, and when I went back unsuccessful, my friends and master was okay with it once they heard it was an uppermoon.

"Y/n, are you still hurt, I can still smell your blood." She looked down at me, making me sit up fully and wince from a small pain that my brain seemed to finally notice. I groaned and went to grab my side but already felt pressure against the wound, letting out a sigh of relief. "Thanks Dee, looks like I'm not fully healed yet-" I said, looking up at her and smiled.

~

~

~

Taking a deep breath in, I whiped my sword towards the demon, feeling her sash dig into my side and slice it open, seeing a deep gash left from it and glared at her. It was a few moments and we just glared at each before I sighed, looking into her eyes as I kneeled to the ground, stabbing my sword into the ground and leaned against it. My breath was shallow and lowered my head, watching as my vision blurred.

"You're giving up?! Get up and fight me!" I looked at the demon as they spoke, hearing a small whine in my voice and smiled at them, watching as their face went from anger to shock, staring at me with confusion before heading over to me, leaving a sash sash in front of my face and soon used it to put pressure on my wound. "Why are you deciding to help me? Upper six?" I asked, looking to them and tilted my head, about to fall to my side as she used her arms to support my body, bringing me into a cabin nearby and started to treat my wound.

"You...you're stupid. Why did you give up when you can beat me." She asked. A question for a question. Smart. "I stood no chance in my state, I'm better off dead." I answered, wincing as she continued to patch me up. It was an odd way of showing mercy, even after the many times we've fought. She always let me live when I was so close to death...was it a game to her?

"Upper six, why do you let me live?" I asked, looking at her and gazed into her eyes, forcing myself up as the final bandage was secured, looking out the window as I saw the night slightly turned to day and closed the shades, not wanting her to die. It was...I felt...at ease within this moment. "You ask too many questions." She retorted back, her voice and actions seeming to hide something as I close the shades, listening to her muffled voice beneath the beds covers. "I do, yes. But I question why you spare me instead of...well- kill or eat me."

I turned back to her, making sure not a speck of sunlight was in the room and took the covers away from her, looking down at her as it seemed that she was blushing. Embarrassment? "Upper six?" She raised her hand, making me go quiet and I took a seat next to her, feeling her hand connect ours together and looked up, raising a brow. "Call me Daki. Got it...and I let you live because I like you." She answered me, making me grow more confused before I felt her hand cover my mouth.

Footsteps ran pass the cabin, making me assume that they were searching for me...the Corps. I sighed into her, slowly pulling it away from me and kissed the tips of her fingers, giving another soft smile before getting up and grabbed the top of my uniform, buttoning it back up. "You may call me Y/n if you wish, Daki. And we can make it work out if you really do...we can meet here again tomorrow night, okay? If they try to come in, I'll cover for you..." I looked back as she nodded, she a blush creep onto her cheeks and my smile grew softer.

They'll never know.

~

~

~

That was over 4 months ago and I still have the damn wound. It confused me but I didn't ask questions, only continued on the little venture to meet with her every night. Soon, when the cabin was discovered, she relocated to the Entertainment District and now we just lay on rooftops, mainly this one though.

But, I mainly question why she chose to love me. It wasn't much doubt about my abilities, only my personality. Half of the time I fought her, it was with the intent to kill or harm her. "Daki, what made you develop feelings for me?" A question stuck on my mind for quite a while. "Well...mainly it's from how...even if your eyes shown hate and a cry for blood...they still showed your softer and caring side. I don't think becoming a demon slayer was your choice." She answered, and I just smile and nodded.

It wasn't.

"Obvious, huh?" I said, looking at the stars as she answered with a yes. Now it was silence, peaceful and blissful. No words needing to be spoken as I shifted myself to go behind her, wrapping my arms around her waist and stared at the sky, resting my chin on her shoulder while I felt her skin heat up from my touch. "Y/n...close your eyes for a second."

'Demanding' was all I thought, but I obliged and closed my eyes, feeling her body shift around my around which made me loosen my grip, feeling her body turn around as her chest pressed into mine. I stayed silent, only raising a brow for her to see before feeling her breath brush against my lips, making me peek my eyes open a bit as she seemed nervous. "Need help?" I asked.

I looked at her small nod, feeling her breath still push against my lips as I closed my eyes once more, connecting our lips and pressed forward, feeling her tense within my grasp, only making me rub circles on her hips to help calm her down. Her arms wrapped around my neck, closing what little space there was between us as I felt her smile against my lips, making me smile as well and raise my hands to her cheeks, tilting my head and just continued on only for her to pull away a moment later, staring at me.

I smiled even wider, opening my eyes and gazed into her pupils, watching as the dilated when they looked at me, pulling me closer to her as I just let out a small laugh. "That was a great first kiss" I said, closing my eyes and burrowed my face into her neck, making her giggle at my actions. "I guess it was" she answered back.

She really is a big softie with me, huh.