Four

(ep 2 pt1)

Mom drove Mike to the airport this morning. Dad slept in so I had to get up and make Holly breakfast. She wanted waffles which was fine with me. I just had to stick them in a toaster.

I left my magazines in Nancy's car so I went outside to get them. I also saw that Dustin left his hat in the back seat so I grabbed that. I would just bike over and give it back to him later.

Dad woke up and I got dressed to ride to Dustin's house. My bike just needed air in the tires and then it was set.

I was riding down the street and saw no one outside. That was understandable considering it was early Saturday morning and also because it was the start of spring break.

I pulled up to Dustin's house to see another bike in the driveway.

I knocked on the door and Mrs. Henderson let me in.

"Hey Mrs. Henderson. Is Dustin here? He left his hat in the car last night," I asked, holding up his hat.

She smiled. "Hello Charlie. Dusty and Max are in his room," She replied, opening the door for me to walk in.

"Thanks," I said, heading towards the back of the house. I didn't bother to knock. I slid open his door and saw Max and Dustin stop what they were talking about and turn to look at me.

"Oh god Charlie. It's just you. Get your ass in here," Max grabbed me and pulled me in. I threw Dustin's hat on his bed. I sat down criss crossed on the floor and looked up at the both of them. "Chrissy Cunningham is dead."

I froze. Holy shit. A million questions ran through my head?

Did Jenny know? Who did it? What in the world happened?

"How?" Was all I could manage to get out.

"Last night, I saw Eddie Munson take Chrissy to his house. Everything was normal. Then the lights started flickering. I didn't think anything was wrong because the electricity in my place is crap. But then Eddie... He ran out of his trailer. Chrissy wasn't with him. And his face... He looked scared," Max explained.

"Yeah well maybe because he just killed someone," I stated the obvious.

"I don't think it was Eddie. This morning when I saw her body, it didn't look like something a human could do. I only saw her head and arm but it was all twisted and distorted."

"So if Eddie didn't do it then who did?" I questioned.

Max and Dusting looked at each other. "Something from the upside down must have." Max finally said.

"But that's impossible right?" I asked and looked between the both of them

"Well, there's only one person who knows what actually happened," Dustin said.

"Eddie," Max replied.

We all got up and decided it would be best to look for Eddie to confirm whether or not Max's theory is true.

"Have you talked to anyone else?" I questioned Max.

She huffed. "No. I can't find Lucas or Nancy and Mike's in-"

"California. Shit, Shit, Shit." Dustin grumbled. We all headed towards the front door.

"Dusty, where are you going?" Mrs. Henderson asked.

"To see a friend," Dustin said quickly.

"But you heard the news. It's not safe," She pleaded.

"Good Point. We'll be careful. Charlie's with us. Thanks. Love you. Bye," Dustin rambled out as he closed the door.