Twenty Three

"I won't let anything bad happen to you," He whispered in my ear.

"Promise?" I nuzzled my head into the nape of his neck.

"Promise."

"Ew," Erica groaned. "Go kiss somewhere else. This isn't your own private make out spot. I'm sure as hell not gonna watch you suck each others faces."

"Erica!" Lucas yelled at her.

"O-kayyyy. That ruined the mood. Let's get to work. Come on ladies, stop moping," Eddie ran a hand through his hair and then jumped up.

I, however, continued to mope on the couch as he went into his room and pulled out the Yellow Pages. 

I really wish I could suck his....

"Come on, Charlie," Nancy motioned for me to stand by the table.

"Check this out," Eddie slammed the book on the table. "The War Zone. I've been there once. It's huge. They got everything you need for, uh, well. killing things, basically."

Robin leaned over the table. "Do you think fake Rambo has enough guns there? Is that a grenade? I mean, how is any of this legal?"

"Well, lucky for us it is so," Eddie pointed at the book. "This... this place is just far enough outside of Hawkins. So as long as we stay off the main roads we can avoid cops and angry hicks."

"If we're trying to avoid angry hicks then maybe we shouldn't be going to a store called the War Zone," Erica spoke up.

"I'll just fight them," I whispered, raising a weak fist.

"Well, normally I would agree with Erica but we need the weapons," Nancy sighed.

"How are we going to get there in time? It would take us all day to bike there," Dustin pointed out.

"Who said anything about bikes?" Eddie grinned.

"Do you have some sort of car that we don't know about?" Steve asked my boyfriend.

Hehe, boyfriend :) *lil stomach flips*

"It's not exactly a car, Steve, and it's not really mine but it'll do," Eddie smirked at Stevie boy.

I raised an eyebrow and knew that we were probably about to do something illegal.

Eddie winked at me and then turned to Max. "Hey, Red. You got a ski mask or a bandana? Something like that?" He asked.

"I might have something," Max sighed, walking into her room.

"Hon, you have a bandana in your pocket. I don't even know how it's still in there since we dove into a lake and everything," I grabbed it from his ass pocket.

"Shhh," He took it from my hand with a smirk and put it back, winking at me once more.

Max came back with her Michael Myers mask she wore when I took them trick or treating a year back.

"Dope. Thanks," Eddie took the mask and shoved it on his large head and then swaggered his way out of Max's house. We all followed him as he snuck behind a trailer and then motioned for us to follow him.

"Is this really necessary?" I whispered to him.

"Um, yes it is. Besides this is fun," Eddie said while waving his arms like a ninja.

He pointed out another motorhome and we snuck behind it. Eddie then began to climb into the window of some random peoples house/car.

"Come on," He told us from inside.

Steve started lifting everyone up with his buff arms and I made sure he didn't mess up the walkman I had.

Dustin was ever so kind to hold onto my borrowed tapes in his backpack.

I landed in the trailer/rv/motorhome/car thingy.

Eddie was hot wiring the engine to start so we could get the hell out of here. I took a seat in the back and waited. My tape was now playing Angeleyes by Abba.

"Sometimes when I'm lonely, I sit and think about him

And it hurts to remember all the good times

When I thought I could never live without him

And I wonder does it have to be the same

Every time when I see him, will it bring back all the pain

Ah-ha-ha, how can I forget that name?"

It reminded me of Billy. I remember first hearing this song after he died and crying to it for hours. My mom had to hide the tape for a while when I refused to tell her why I was crying.

I used to always wonder what would actually happen if I had jumped and pulled Billy out of the way before he got impaled.

Would he have still lived? Or would I have become the victim?

Honestly, I didn't really care. But, I did wonder if his life was worth more than mine. If I died, would there be a difference?

Would Vecna have taken El's powers? Would I have been remembered as a hero like Billy and Hopper?

The engine sputtered alive, snapping me out of my thoughts.

"Hey, get out of there!" The owners of this thing were beyond pissed as they banged on the side of the trailer.

"Shit!" Steve yelled as he swapped with Eddie.

"Shit, they look pissed," Dustin screamed next to me.

Steve jumped in the driver's seat and floored it.

"Well it's not everyday that you end up losing your car and your house in one shot. I mean, I'd be pissed off too," Robin spoke up.

Eddie went and took a seat next to me. We scooted to the corner so we wouldn't bother anyone with our romantic shit.

Not like anyone really pointed it out. Well, except Erica.