Sixteen

(ep 6 pt 2)

I flipped through my duffel bag and pulled out my sketchbook. Chances are, I wasn't going to make it. I wasn't strong like Max.

I made a list next to a field of lavender I drew.

1. Write letters

2. Call Jenny

3. Have one last good time with everyone

4. Fake wedding with Eddie

5. Get Robin a girlfriend

6. Make sure Max lives

7. Attempt to get a hold of the Byers and El

8. Get my friends all boyfriends/girlfriends so they're not lonely

9. Give my collectable Star Wars figures to Dustin

10. Let Vecna take me without a fight

It was a shitty list and a pretty shitty thing to do. I could do the first six things easily. Everyone would be happy as I got compressed into a lifeless blob.

Nancy parked the car on the side of the road and I quickly changed into my boots. They were easier to use when walking in the woods.

We all got out and started walking. I kept my walkman, knife, watch, compass and sketchbook with me. Max and I had our walkmans because as Steve said, and I quote, 'No one's eyes are getting vacuum sucked out of your faces today.'

It was a short walk to the rock but Dustin and Steve were fighting, as always. Apparently Dustin's stupid compass was wrong but Steve thought he was right and so did Dustin.

"Steve, where are you going? Steeeeeeeve!" Dustin yelled as Steve started walking off the path.

"Stop whining. Let's go, come on," Steve motioned for us to follow.

"Okay, wait, so apparently we're going this way now?" Max asked, confused. "I swear to God, if they get us lost..." Max mumbled in front of me.

She was walking next to Lucas and it looked like he wasn't in the right headspace.

"Hey. You okay?" She asked him.

"Uh, yeah. I'm fine, just... thinking about Patrick. You know?" Lucas finally replied.

"Yeah," Max nodded. My mind immediately flashed back to Billy and I at the mall.

"I mean, it's... it's like, why him? But then, I remember this one day, he... he came to practice with a black eye. He said he fell, but clearly he was lying. It's like everyone Veca targets has something in their life. Something that's-"

"Hurting them. Haunting them," Max finished for him.

I walked around them since they stopped suddenly. They needed to sort out their own problems.

I trailed behind Robin and Nancy. I kind of wanted them to get together. Robin obviously was starting to like Nancy.

And Nancy always got tense when she spoke about Jonathan. Maybe it was his limp dick energy he always had.

"Oh, boom! Bada bing Bada boom! There she is Henderson, Skull Rock!" Steve yelled as made his way through the brush.

I jogged forward with Nancy and Robin.

"This doesn't make sense," Dustin muttered as he stood next to Steve. Dustin kept on checking his compass and then looking between the rock and Steve.

"Yeah, yeah. Even when it's staring you right in the face, you can't admit it. You just can't admit that you're wrong you little butthead," Steve said proudly.