Thirty Four

(Imagine 'Running up that hill with instruments' in the background. play the video for the most metal and epic effect)

-----

I felt my eyes open but I could only see a bright light. I felt nothing around me but air.

Then I could see suddenly.

I was awake and alive.

And apparently I was floating.

My arms were up at my sides and I could feel every single wound on me heal instantly.

"Holy Shit!" Someone screamed.

"Charlie!"

A bunch of other profanity was shouted and suddenly I could see.

I was in the Upside Down still and I was glowing like a bright white light in the air above the trailer park.

A bright line of light went through my chest and led straight to the Creel House.

I needed to get there.

I felt myself floating to the ground. The light emitting from me began to dim.

Someone ran over to me and hugged me.

Eddie.

He was safe. He was alive and not badly hurt.

Dustin practically jumped onto my back hugging me and he was sobbing. "Oh my god. Jesus Christ, we thought you were dead."

"Don't ever try to save me again," Eddie cried, kissing me.

I was crying again. "I promise. I promise."

"Oh my god, I thought we lost you," Eddie whispered.

"I'm okay now. I'm alive," I whispered back.

I was so wrapped up in the moment, I forgot about Max.

"Oh my god. We need to go. I need to get to Max right now," I practically shouted. "We have to get to the Creel house."

"What's wrong with Max?" Dustin asked, looking absolutely terrified.

"She was dead. I have to get to her," I replied. That sounded too casual. But I was too full of adrenaline to try to correct myself.

"This is too much for me. Oh my god," Eddie began to panic. "This is absolutely insane. She's dead?"

"Long story short," I began to say, looking for my crashed bike. "I died, went to the afterlife, saw Billy, saw Max die, devised a battle plan, and got resurrected."

I picked up the bike and saw Eddie and Dustin's mouths wide open.

"Come on, we don't have much time," I said. "Get on the bike."

"Both of us?" Eddie asked. "What about you?"

"Don't worry about it," I replied. "Just trust me."

Eddie climbed on the bike with Dustin standing on the back.

I closed my eyes and focused, imagining the light.

I was in the air again. And so were the boys.

Eddie let out a slew of curses, most likely out of fear.

But I continued to focus, and all three of us flew across town to the Creel House.

With a wave of my hand we landed, and with another wave the demobats became calm.

I felt as if this power was more natural than anything else.

As we were all walking towards the entrance of the house, there was a crash of glass and Vecna started to fall out the window, fire surrounding his body.

I looked up at him, feeling anger surging through my body. And suddenly, all the noise around me deafened.

Ringing started in my ear.

I felt him trying to reach into my head. I felt his long fingers trying to tilt my head back in my mind.

But I reached into his mind and started to snap his bones right back.

Now I know how El felt all these years, gaining a power you can't even fathom the extent of.

And I used it to avenge my best friend along with every single innocent life lost in Hawkins, Indiana.

But I didn't feel evil, I didn't feel like a monster.

No.

I felt truly alive.