Six

(ep 2 pt 3)

"Hey guys, I might have a lead," Max said as I hung up with Eddie's friend, Gareth.

"Seriously?" I faced her excitedly.

"Yeah," She grinned. "So apparently Eddie gets his drugs from some guy named Reefer Rick, and sometimes Eddie crashes there."

"That sounds promising," I stated.

"Where does this Reefer Rick guy live?" Robin asked

"See, that's the thing. No one knows," Max paused. "He's more of a... a legend than someone that people actually know."

"Well, what about a last name?" Dustin questioned.

"I don't know that either," Max looked stuck.

"I bet the cops know the last name," Steve offered as he moved stuff around. We all turned to him.

"What?" Max asked.

"The cops," Steve continued organizing movies. "I mean, listen, if this Reefer Rick guy is actually a drug dealer, I guarantee you he's been busted at some point. It means he's in the system."

Dustin looked baffled. "The cops? Really, Steve? That's your suggestion?"

"I mean, I just think that they should be filled in on what we know, what's going on." Steve pointed out.

"You think Eddie's guilty, don't you?" I looked at Steve accusingly.

"Woah, I believe in innocence until proven guilty and all that constitutional shit. I just, you know... just don't think that we can rule it out." He looked at me seriously.

"That's precisely what we're trying to do here, Steve," Max backed me up.

"And maybe we'd have a little bit more luck if you spent less time trying to find a girlfriend and more time trying to find Eddie," Dustin argued.

"Oh well, somebody has to attend to the customers." Steve threw his hands in the air.

"Especially if they're babes right?" Robin winked at Steve and then smirked at me.

"Hey, Not fair. Okay? I attend to all the customers equally, babes and non-babes alike," Steve countered. "We've got a very big selection here. It can be super overwhelming for these people."

Robin looked like she just had an epiphany as she listened to Steve's useless rant. "Yeah, it can be." She turned to the computer and I scooted next to her on one side as Max did the same on the other.

"What are you doing?" I asked as she started typing. Steve popped next to me.

"Maybe we don't need a last name," She replied. "Twelve Ricks already have accounts here."

"That's a lot of Ricks," Max said as we all watched the screen.

"So, let's narrow it down," Robin clicked more keys. "Rick Alderman's latest rentals are Annie and Dumbo. What are the chances that our drug dealer has a family?"

"Not likely," Max and I replied in sync.

"Alright," Robin continued. "Rick Conroy. Sixteen Candles, Teen Wolf, and Romancing the Stone."

"No," We all replied.

"Okay. RIck Joiner. Mask, Footloose, and Grease."

"Nah."

"Rick Kimbrough. The Blue Lagoon and Splash."

"Definitely not," Max chuckled.

"Okay. Rick Lipton. Fast times at Ridgemont High. Cheech and Chong's Next Movie. Cheech and Chong's Nice Dreams. Cheech and Chong's Up in Spoke."

Dustin laughed. "Bingo."

"Lipton?" I asked.

"Spelled like the tea. 2121 Holland Road," Robin read off the screen.

"That's out by Lovers Lake," Dustin recalled.

"Middle of nowhere. It's a perfect place to hide," Robin decided.

Steve made sure the last customers left before telling Keith that he and Robin were leaving for a family emergency even though they're not related. Keith was sleeping so Robin locked the store. We all hopped into Steve's car and drove down to Lovers lake.

It was dark when we got there. Dirt roads and creepy houses were not my forte.

We all walked up to the front door and Dustin started to aggressively ring the doorbell.

"Okay. Well, that's settled. I guess he's not here." Steve sighed.

"Eddie! It's Dustin. Look, we just wanna talk, okay?" Dustin started yelling. "No cops, I swear. We just wanna help. Eddie!" Dustin kept banging on the door.

Robin shushed him and I looked in the windows of the seemingly vacant house.

"Rick! Reefer Rick!" Dustin screamed.

"Don't scream that," Steve whispered

Dustin ignored him. "Rick!"

"He's not... he's not there," Steve groaned.

"He could just be really high," Dustin stated.

"Is that a foot?" Steve asked, looking in the window.

"No dumbass, that's a shoe," Dustin sighed.

"Hey guys," Max yelled. We all looked to see what she saw. It was dark and I almost tripped on a rock. "

There was a big storage looking building behind the house. There was a light on outside and we all looked at each other. This had to be it.