Twenty Eight

(sorry for the hiatus, but I've been obsessed with lockwood and co. and accidentally started a new fanfic or two but this is so worth it because i wrote it when i was in love so there is a lot of emotion and it is literally so adorable) (also i added charlie in my new one shot book as a character because her personality lives for the moment) (ok enjoy u little wenis lickers)

I pulled away first. My hair was completely messed up but Eddie's looked like he had survived a tornado in the middle of an earthquake.

"God, you're perfect," Eddie breathed out.

"You complete me," I decided right then and there.

"You keep me sane," Eddie replied.

"You make me feel safe," I smiled.

"Oh I make you feel a lot of things darling," Eddie smirked.

"Eddie," I pouted. "If it weren't for the end of the world, you know better than anyone that I'd still be against that tree. But, as always, I have to help save the world."

I started walking back towards the stolen RV and the gang. I was about 20 feet away from Max when Eddie ran to me.

"When we're done saving the world I want you to come with me and we can run away together. We can tour the world together. We can see a Foreigner concert and you can finally sing I wanna know what love is on the top of your lungs. I can take us to Paris and we can get baguettes. We can go to Greece, New York and California together. I want us to be together Charlie," Eddie said.

He took off one of his pinky rings and got down on one knee.

"What are you doing?" I felt completely stupid for even asking but I just didn't have the words.

"I told you that I want us to be together Charlene Ann Wheeler. And I want us to be together forever. So please, when you graduate, hell, when we graduate, I want to marry you. I want to get all fancy for one day with people we love around us and I want us to have a wedding and get married. Will you marry me?" Eddie looked up at me with such passion in his eyes. I could tell that Max and the others were watching behind me.

I just didn't know what to say. I mean, it's been a hell of a month. Well, it's been a three year living hell but all I could think about was him. I wanted to spend the rest of my life, whether it be short or super long, with Eddie Munson. My Eddie. Eddie, my love.

"Yes," I whispered out, kneeling down to hug him. "You and I against everything right?"

"Forever," Eddie hugged me back, slipping his ring on my finger. Perfect fit.

"Mom's gonna kill you," Nancy shouted.

"I know your secrets," I shouted back.

Eddie helped me up and I looked at everyone with such a red face. But I did notice Nancy and Robin holding pinky's. Max and Lucas suddenly seemed closer and Steve looked like he had happy tears in his eyes. Dustin smiled and Erica looked genuinely happy.

"Vecna's going down tonight. And this time, he's going to die," Nancy spoke up, ruining my perfect moment.

"Wonderful. Everyone in the RV," Steve ushered his ducklings into the mobile nest. He looked at Steve and I and whispered to me, "I hope to god I don't become an uncle in nine months

"Is this a challenge Harrington?" Eddie winked at Steve.

"Good god, no. Please, next time, just be quieter," Steve looked like he was traumatized.

"Sorry Stevie," I said as we got into the RV.

Eddie and I sat next to each other in the back with Max. She was grinning at me.

"Billy would be proud of you," She whispered.

My chest stung a bit. I wished he could have been here to see us all together, even if he did think everyone I was friends with was wacko.

It was dark out and frankly a bit creepy but I had never felt more content.

Max fell asleep on one of my shoulders and Eddie's head rested on my other shoulder.

I had finally found my people, my family.