Seventeen

(episode 6 part three)

We had been walking through the woods for over a few hours. The sun went down and it was dark out.

Suddenly Dustin took off though the woods at a sprint.

"Something's happening!" He yelled.

"Dustin, would you slow down?" Eddie went off after him.

"I think we're getting close," Dustin started to slow down.

"Watch your step big guy," Eddie pulled on Dustin's backpack so he wouldn't fall into the lake.

We have made a full circle back to Lovers lake.

"Oh man," Steve panted next to me. "You gotta be shitting me."

"Yeah, I thought these woods looked familiar," Eddie agreed.

"Lovers lake," Robin mumbled.

"This is confounding."

"There's a gate in Lovers lake?"

"Whenever the Demogorgon attacked, it always left an opening. Maybe Vecnas the same way," Nancy thought.

"Yeah, well only one way to find out," Steve said.

So we ended up stealing someone's boat. I felt bad so I wrote a hastily written note.

Steve and Eddie put the boat into the water.

Robin, Nancy, Eddie and I got onto the boat.

Dustin was about to get on when Eddie stopped him.

"Hey, hey, are you trying to sink us? This boat holds four people?" Eddie told him.

"It's better this way, I mean, you guys stay here with Max and keep an eye out for trouble," Nancy agreed.

"You keep an eye out," Dustin told us. "It's my goddamn theory."

"You heard Nance," Robin said.

"Who put her in charge?" Dustin asked.

"I did," Robin smirked.

"Compass?" Nancy held out her hand to Dustin.

He gave it to her begrudgingly.

"Hey, there you go," Steve tossed Dustin the backpack before pushing off the ground and floating it into the water.

"You said four!" Dustin yelled.

"Sorry, not sorry," I said, making a heart with my hands and pointing it towards Dustin, Lucas and Max. "Love you all!"

"Bedtime at nine kiddos," Robin added. "Miss you already!"

Robin and Eddie rowed us around the center of the lake.

Nancy leaned forward. "Woah, woah, woah, woah, slow down. Slow down, guys," She said suddenly. 

The boat rocked as it came to a shaky stop. We all leaned forward towards Nance.

"Woah," Steve said as he looked at the compass spinning in Nancy's hand.

I pulled out my compass and looked at it. It was the exact same thing happening.

"The gate, it's here," I mumbled.

"Guys, what's going on? Come on guys, talk to me. What's going on?" Dustin asked over the walkie.

"Uh, Dustin, your compass has gone from wonky to wonky with a capital 'aah'!" Robin responded.

Stave started to strip suddenly, effectively scaring me.

"Steve, what are you doing?" Nancy asked him