Prime

[A/N: A police officer told me my hair was pretty happenin' today.]

"Goddamn it Gary!" My mum shouted from somewhere downstairs.

It was the first thing I heard upon waking up this morning. I groaned, attempting to shield the late morning sun with an arm.

It wasn't like my mum was known to get extremely agitated by the mail man, although he ultimately sucked at his job, but I'd been home for two weeks and haven't left the house once.

She wasn't very pleased when I paid some kid to grab the paper for me so I wouldn't have to step outside either.

I'd quickly become a hermit on my arrive back to Sydney and a quick social media check notified me that:

1. Only Ace and a few others were wondering about my dropping off the face of the earth

And 2. Michael had been spotted boarding a flight to God knows where (it was rumoured to be Singapore although no sources were reliable).

Basically, I'd been waking up past noon and spending the remaining hours grouching around and eating all the food. My mum was fed up and she decidedly took it out on Gary the Mail Man.

"Where are the t-shirts I ordered from Target, huh? You don't know? Don't tell me you don't know. I've been waiting six days! Y'know what? I don't even care. Go." I could almost imagine the quick flick of her wrist as she waves him off dismissively.

"Breakfast is ready and clean up already, you look like an exorcised child." Mum says, poking her head in suddenly.

"Mum!" I yell after her, slightly offended, could my appearance really be that bad? Given, I haven't looked in the mirror in like, four days. I shower regularly enough, I shouldn't look as bad as she says I do.

"We're going out today, and I swear if you end up leaving in your pyjamas, I'm making you go to school again." She yelled from somewhere in the house.

I nearly got whiplash from how fast my head snapped up at my mother's final threat. I cursed my luck as I got in the shower.

It was quick, I basically just stood underneath the shower head for a few minutes and counted the amount of tiles present on the floor around the drain.

64.

I shake my head, this is what my life had come to? Counting shower tiles? Imagine what Michael would say.

At that thought, I saddened. Michael wouldn't say anything. Michael is probably doing bigger, brighter things right now. God, he was flying to Singapore or some shit, he probably wasn't even thinking of me. He probably forgot about me already.

We only spent a week actually filming scenes for the movie and we goofed off for an added two days, one being the Leo Awards.

Michael and I had spent nine days together. Sometimes we didn't even talk unless we were in character but it was still nine days. And I missed him so much.

I huffed, washing my hair in the most miserable manner I could muster.

I'm having some kind of crisis at seventeen and I'm acting completely miserable because of one guy.

But then again, he wasn't just some guy, he was Michael, and Michael was something else completely. He was beyond human comparison.

It was like picturing the perfect boyfriend and multiplying that by ten.

And I've only known him for nine days. I was acting like a lovesick fool.

I sighed, maybe I was being ridiculous, it was just my lack of human communication getting to my head.