Renegades

A/N: lowkey stole this picture from a group chat with the dysfunctional pizza fam...

Also, do you ever get notifications and you recognize the username and you're like yeEES YOU HAVE ARRIVED HELLO IVE BEEN WAITING and you get excited even though you've never talked to them but you always see their username pop up? I do that with rondon13 sometimes... And a lot of other people.

"What now?" Michael asked, looking at me with a slight frown. He was particularly excited for the filming, like he was for most of the movie he's starred in. Angie called to cancel today's filming due to not having enough cameras available today but Michael and I were already on set when she called.

"We can make out?" I suggested, raising my eyebrows at him suggestively but ending it so it sounded more like a joke. He rolled his eyes at me but didn't give me an answer, so making out was technically still up for debate.

"I have a hair appointment in a bit," Michael mumbled more to himself when his phone buzzed. "You can tag along...?"

The way he trailed off and bit his lip the tiniest bit had me wanting to go with him and do much more. I settled for following him like a shadow.

"I can't believe your hair is blue!" I exclaimed, tripping over my own feet while staring at the mass of aquamarine just above his eyebrows. He smiled softly and slung an arm over my shoulder carelessly as we walked.

"You know what?" Michael asked suddenly, looking down at me slightly as I was the shorter of the two, only by an inch or two.

I hummed, busy taking in the scenery. We'd ended up in a less frantic part of Hollywood. People strolled at their leisure with large bags of store bought items but no one appeared to have a specific destination, we were all just wandering around in some sort of daze. Michael seemed to know where he wanted to go but he slowed his pace so I could take in everything as he went along.

"We should go out for dinner." He suggested, looking to me with such a natural smile that I wouldn't doubt he'd still have it when he's old and wrinkled, sitting on a front porch somewhere thinking about the good times he had and all the fun being an actor is.

I raised an eyebrow, at him, half surprised by his blunt suggestion and half already deciding that the answer is without a doubt yes.

"Don't be silly, fancy restaurants are overrated. We're going to Taco Bell." He laughed, grabbing my wrist as we made a sudden left at the corner. I couldn't help but let out a sigh of relief at the mention of a fast food restaurant because Michael and I were a tad underdressed for the occasion.

The taco date didn't last very long because Michael jokingly tweeted Taco Tuesday with a picture of me shoving my face with food and we proceeded to be swarmed by teenage girls. Michael apologized profusely but he was also still laughing at the photo he took of me so it didn't sound the least bit sincere.

Angie called me a few minutes after our grand escape--through the employees' entrance around back. A few sentences were exchanged and Michael and I were asked to come back to the studio because Phil's friend was offering to lend a hand with the camera situation.

Michael seemed ecstatic that we could go back to acting, so happy that it looked like he could break out into one or two dance moves along the way. He actually did end up trying to do the waltz with me down a busy street but he quickly deemed it unsuccessful when I stepped on his feet clumsily.

Michael came to a stop, toes dangling off the curb as he searches the paved highway for any signs of life. Not a single pair of headlights could be spotted from where we stood which I thought was a little odd but didn't think much else about the nonexistent traffic.

The newly bright blue haired boy tried to hold in a yawn as he trotted onto the cracked asphalt, he looked like he'd just rolled out of bed. His hair was a bigger mess than it was on set the other day and he stretched which led to his long sleeve shirt riding up to expose his pretty porcelain tummy and the hem of his boxers. The idea of sweeping the lad off his feet and to some distant land where we could live happily and no one would know who we were crossed my mind in those few seconds, it was crazy but when Michael turned around to look at me this those bright green eyes, almost halfway across the road, a smile ever present on his lips. I knew that he would say yes if I really wanted to, he was that kind of guy.

The sound of an engine became loud suddenly, cutting whatever Michael wanted to say short. I gasp barely managed to leave my lips when a large minivan came into view, the driver looked to be sending a text. She looked up last second, wide eyes meeting Michael's even wider eyes. I wanted to yell, maybe run to push him out of the way but my feet felt like they were encased in cement. I watched helplessly as the driver tried to swerve.

"Michael!" I yelled when the van came to a halt, I ran over and ended up scraping my knees against the burning hot road. He was in my arms in seconds and I wanted to cry, I'd never been so scared in my life.

"Don't cry. I'm okay, Nerd Bucket." Michael laughed feebly, trying to cheer me up despite how shaken up he was. The van missed by over a foot but it was such a close call, I actually thought I was going to lose him. Michael didn't protest when I was still wrapped around him as he got up, he didn't protest when I still had my arms tightly around him when we were far away from the highway. He didn't even try to break away when we finally reached the studio.

He sat himself down in a chair in the front lobby and pulled me into his lap. Michael let me cry for as long as I needed, soaking his shirt and more than likely crushing the poor boy's ribcage from how intensely I was holding onto him. He smiled and whispered that he was okay and I had nothing to worry about and a very quick you must be my guardian angel because you saved my life even though he was lying about the very last part it still made me feel better.