Novocaine

A/N: lowkey lets you know that I have great taste in music with this song by Fall Out Boy...

"I have to kiss what?" I exclaim, looking from the girl in front of me to Michael.

"My ass." The girl, Angie, says a half smirk present on her face before she bursts out laughing along with Michael.

"You should really pay attention when the assistant director is talking to you," Michael added, looking pleased to see me react like that.

"I said, you'll be kissing a girl in this scene. You and your girl," Angie points to a petite girl they called Tia before continuing. "You stop making out when Michael runs pasted the shot followed closely behind by a group of teenagers pursuing him," she went into more detail about the scene she was hoping for but I was still a little caught up on the idea of having to kiss someone.

"Okay, just stand on the X and lean on that faux brick wall over there and Tia will do the rest. Wait until you hear Michael to pull away," Angie instructed, perching herself on the edge of a chair next to the large camera that was set up for the scene.

I did as instructed, trying to relax a little while slumping myself against the wall. I took a deep breath as Tia came toward me with a warm smile on her face.

A large amount of air left me when she placed her hands on either one of my shoulders lightly, we made eye contact and it did nothing in terms of calming me down.

Suddenly there was a camera rolled up about three feet away. Sensing my confusion, Angie explained that the director wanted an up close and personal shot of Tia and I kissing. Which only caused my nerves to spike even more.

"And, action!" Angie shouted, cueing the camera man to start filming.

Tia warm smile dropped a little into something a little more alluring as she looked down at my lips. She leaned in, and I turned my head. "I can smell your lunch," I whispered.

"Cut! Someone get Tia some breath mints!" Angie sighed, waving her hand in the air as she reviewed some of the scene directions.

Her breath didn't smell bad, I just needed a little more time to get into my role.

Basically, Michael lied when he said there was no romance. Sure, there wasn't a distinct love interest for either of us but my character was a womanizer, plain and simple. Thankfully, there was no sex scenes but I would have to be shirtless one or two times. I also have to follow a strict diet and workout routine to build up my muscles.

Abs didn't feel worth it now that I actually started working out.

"Take two!" Angie shouted as soon as Tia was in the shot, cuing the camera man once again.

This time, I just went for it. Not literally, I didn't take charge of the kiss, I just closed my eyes slowly and puckered my lips.

"Cut!" Angie sighed, "Calum, have you ever kissed someone?"

"No? How did you know?" I ask, still trying to get a grip on the hope that no one would notice how inexperienced I am.

"You look like a fish," she deadpanned with a look that had to be a mix of pity and sympathy.

"Don't worry about it, we can practice for a bit off camera if you're comfortable with that," Tia said, giving me a reassuring look to let me know that my inexperience was recognized, and was okay.

I blank, spluttering out random words that didn't quite string up a proper sentence.

"Angie, he's gay, maybe we should try something else?" Michael spoke up from his place on the sidelines.

"What do you propose?" She asked, finally removing her attention from me.

"I've got an idea, I'll be back." He muttered quickly, nodding his head to himself as he ran off somewhere.

A/N: So I'm doing a fun facts section on Daft and I was wondering if any of you could provide some facts that I can feature in it, just comment here if you've got any.