3

"Seokjin I would suggest you agree with this, there is no option left now. No one else will marry a man whose wife is dead. You need to understand, that it's even a ritual. We only want an heir son and you being the eldest in the family have this duty to give us one." King of Gwacheon said to his son.

"And Jin besides, Prince Jimin is right. Prince Jungkook can marry you, I know he resembles Saebyok but please understand you are meant to be the next king. Besides Prince Jungkook is a young man, he will provide us an heir." Queen of Gwacheon said.

Jin sighed as he has no option but to agree with what his parents were saying. It's already been seven years since his wife left so he has to agree. For the last seven years, all he had done was disagree to marry anyone which has also caused many kingdoms to have bitter relations with them. But this time it's about ritual and he is also grateful that his parents want him to marry a man.

"I am fine with this then, I will marry Prince Jungkook," I said and bowed to my parents.

"Alright, Seokjin I am happy you finally agreed to marry again. I suggest Master Zenshik write a letter to Prince Jimin informing them that we have agreed to the alliance raised by them. I am glad our old bonds will become stronger after this. Also mention that marriage will be held next week." King of Gwacheon said.

"Master Zenshik don't forget to mention that we don't need any kind of dowry from them." Queen of Gwacheon said.

Seokjin sighed remembering how much dowry they had given last time, it was not acceptable to get so many gifts from his future wife, even later on many kingdoms had made a good laugh how his wife had died and he had married her just because he wanted to be the next ruler of Busan. Things were different last decade, he just wants things to be better this time. No one knows the truth and he is happy with that being a secret.

He also feared this sudden commitment with such a young man, all these years he had crumbled his emotions and fears. The kind of insults and disrespect he had to face made him stoic and gloomy about his upcoming life. He had emerged himself in all the army and safety works of the kingdom. He missed his best friend Min Yoongi too, two of the best people in his life had left him, he just hopes they are happy.

...

I do not want to keep any expectations with the new life coming, I just hope he is understanding, I don't want to break anyone's heart. He is ten years younger than me so I am scared that he will not be much mature compared to my age. I will keep my heart open to them as long as they do the same. My goal is to not make them feel lonely ever in my presence, I hope I can be a better man.

Jin had many thoughts about the new change coming in his life, the last seven years were not easy on him. But he does believe that things will change for the better, last week he had no idea he would get married and today he is getting married to a guy he was once brother-in-law.

I know the value of losing someone so this time I will love them dearly and be open with them with all my heart and mind. I don't have any idea if they would reciprocate the same feeling but I do feel the giddy emotions coming back. I was getting married again in the same house, who would want to do so? I had some thoughts earlier of disagreeing with my parents but I couldn't agree to do so, my heart wanted companionship now. I was longing for some human contact be it physically, emotionally, or mentally. I was glad I accepted it because when I saw the guy coming down the stairs with his brother by his side I felt young again.

I saw the shy look and how hard he was trying to avoid looking at people, it was so sudden for him too. His eyes were looking everywhere as if he was trying to find me, I smiled at the little action. It was very cute.