14

Jin's doubt was indeed true. The things that he had witnessed at Jeju Islands were not just suspicious but a reality.

3 months earlier at Jeju Islands (ref ch 7 and 8)

"Hoseok, are you sure about this?" Jin had said when they were out talking alone at dawn.

"I could not believe it but I am sure that was him. I am sure he did not recognize me, if he had he would have harmed the next second." Hoseok said.

"Do you want to see him? Let's take him back to the palace and confront him about his actions"

"No Hoseok, I don't want anything to happen. I have Prince Jungkook by my side now. Let's avoid anything wrong and play with their minds this time."

"I am happy that you have helped me with this. I could not be more grateful for this", Jin said as he gave his army general a pat on the back.

This was a breakthrough that Jin wanted after so many years his suspicion turned out to be true. Min Yoongi was in Jeju. He always believed that Yoongi never died. The body that was sent to the palace seven years ago did not look like his best friend. The body did not have a shoulder wound when he checked it personally.

7 years ago

A body was found near palace, in an army general uniform. The soldiers knew who it was and quickly brought it to a secret chamber near the palace.

Jin feared the news, his wife had died last week, and no body was found.
And today a body is here, he was scared when he heard it. He did not want anyone to die, no matter what had happened he believed that both of them would come back and tell him it was just a mistake. But he was awfully wrong. 

In front of him lied a body, burnt. The red general uniform charred to crimson and noir. The shoulders where the uniform's medals were attached was in better condition.

Jin sat as he removed the medals and looked at bare skin that was less burnt.

"He is bloody Min Yoongi." King said, angry and loud. He told Jin to get back up and not touch the body.

"Jin I want this cremation to be done quickly. There has been word out that something is going on in the palace and I don't want such things to blow up. Your younger brother has to be wedded in ten months and we cannot afford such revelations to be out." Jin's father, the king said.

Breathing heavily Jin looked up at his dad and then at the new army general his father had appointed, Jung Hoseok standing next to the door.

Yoongi was the general, he would never let anything personal out of the palace. He always supported the king and the family. He and his father worked hard in this kingdom. He could never do such a horrible thing.

This was not Yoongi. He knew, apparently Yoongi must have killed someone else to be here, and again he would let Yoongi do whatever he wanted to do. He knows time and again, that lies will never die. It will always live, be it as hatred, love, or just blindness of both.

"Hoseok, take the body and cremate him with all the rituals respectfully," King said and he walked out of the chamber.

...

But today the question that lied in front of him was where was his wife and was she alive or dead.

Jungkook and Jin are today out for a beautiful date. Jungkook had prepared the food for them to enjoy and quite did.

"How was your today, dear?" Jungkook asked, lying on his husband's thigh.

"It was alright, I found some things out about Yoongi, the general we had," Jin said.

Jungkook sat up and looked at him, his expression turned into worry upon hearing the name.

"Well Jungkook, Yoongi is alive. He is in the Jeju Islands. He has a family too." Jin said.

"But you told me he died," Jungkook questioned.

"Yeah, when we were out for our honeymoon, General Hoseok saw him at King Min's palace, he was hiding his son from us and of course he would. He knows what he did here." Jin said.

"But did you see him?" Jungkook asked, totally attentive and worried.

"Yes, we both looked at each other, and we made good eye contact. He was across the room when I was having dinner with King Min." Jin said.

"Then why didn't you do something? I would have killed him the moment." Jungkook said.

"I was scared that he must have done something to you. That's why I came back and made love to you that night. I wanted to hold you and love you." Jin said. 

"But why are you telling me this now? If you saw him 3 months ago then why suddenly today?"

"Taehyung had gone to Jeju with some army officials. He too saw Yoongi. Yoongi would not know him because he never had met Taehyung when he was young." Jin said.

"Wait but then how does Taehyung hyung knows his face?" Jungkook asked.

"I had his picture. We had this artist who would create the exact similar portrait of us for the future dynasty to be preserved. My father has removed all traces of Yoongi and Saebyok from the official documents. But I kept each pictures of them both just so I could remember my failure in life. I believe that both of them would come back and that I will tell them how much I cared for them but nothing ever happened.

"And what about Noona?," Jungkook asked.

Jin sighed. "I don't know Jungkook. I think she might be alive too. We never found her, nor anybody. Your dad had informed us about Saebyok's death. He came at the palace too embarrassed and crying that his daughter had done something so gruesome. He was not the King of Busan that day, he was a father who questioned everything in his life. He was heartbroken and he wished to kill both Yoongi and Saebyok himself. I knew where both of them would have being hiding but I never told him. And then he died some months later."

This time Jungkook sighed and embraced his husband tightly. He was unable to wrap such news around his head, his emotions and his heart were all spiraling.

"I am sorry hyung, that you have to go through all of this even after so many years. I can never imagine surviving like this. I am sorry for everything I have done to you and for what my family has done to you. You are a great blessing in my life and I cannot let you go. Please know that I love you and I can never imagine a life without you even after both of us have to suffer this way." Jungkook said as tears came out.

"I am happy that you can listen to all this sensitive information and still love me." Jin said as he held his lover.

"I will always listen to what you say and I will always listen to what my heart tell me. I am happy that you trust me to tell me all this."

"I love you alot," Jin said.

Jungkook smiled at how much better of a couple they have become now. "I love you the mostHyungn hyung."

Ignore any errors