chapter 3

The taxi drove us to my apartment and stopped right in front of it. I thanked the driver for the ride and paid him. Getting out of the car, I gazed at my home. At first glance the house was nothing special, the walls were dirty white and the roof was dark grey. The sky was pitch black and the moon shone brightly. Not a single soul could be seen on the street.

I neared the entrance and unlocked the door, which was harder with me still holding the asleep drunk. I entered the hall and turned on the lights. They blinded my for a second and forced me to close my eyes. When I got used to the bright room I closed the door behind me and took a few steps forward.

Taking off my shoes I sighed annoyed, now I had to take his shoes off too, this ungrateful brat! I'm doing everything for him! I took a deep breath, trying to remain calm. I breathed out and smiled to myself. Now I was relaxed. Just then an idea occurred to me. I carefully laid him on the ground and took of his shoes, keeping my distance just in case.

When I was done I picked him up once again and dragged him to the bed, where I threw him. This was harder than I thought.

Tired, I let myself fall next to him and stretching out my arms. I yawned and turned to look at Oliver. His disheveled hair covered his closed eyes and I couldn't help myself and moved it, so I could look into his resting face properly. I've never seen such a beautiful face, his nose, his lips and even his long lashes, everything was perfect.

The more I stared, the more embarrassed I became. I could feel my face heat up, so I covered it with my hands, although nobody, except the sleeping guy on my side, was here to see me like that.

I decided to wash up and deal with the thing laying on my bed later.

I entered the bathroom and by mistake slammed the door behind me a bit too loud. I just hoped he didn't wake up because of that sound. I noticed the small window on the wall was opened slightly and facepalmed myself. I must have forgotten to close it when I left for work in the morning. That damn wind!

I took off my clothes and put them on the floor, not bothering to fold them, and climbed into the shower, starting the water. While showering my mind was always empty, it was the perfect place to be alone and at peace. A small smile appeared on my lips when I thought about how I might have made a new friend today. One that I could trust and hang out with more often.

Suddenly I heard a sound, barely audible, but it was still there. And I could tell it came from my bedroom. I worried about what that drunk broke now and decided to stop the shower to check up on the situation, as I was curious.

Quickly drying my body and putting on a simple shirt and pants I exited the bathroom. Soon I arrived at the crime scene and my jaw dropped at what I saw. The person who ones rested peacefully on the sheets was laying on the ground, now fully awake and confused. Next to him was a broken lamp which he must have kicked off with his leg, I assume. I ran towards it, not bothering to check up on the perpetrator.

I examined it thoroughly and realized it was beyond fixable. And it would be expensive too, so I guess I have to say goodbye. I wasn't sad or anything but now I didn't have a fucking light near my bed to read! Was he even gonna apologize or only stare dumbfounded?!

I was getting pissed, but came to the conclusion he must have not done it on purpose and calmed down a bit, waiting for him to speak up. And he finally did.

„Um... I'm sorry... that wasn't intentional! I swear!" He started shouting at me like I would sue him or something. „I will pay the price, I promise!" I thought about it and decided that wasn't a bad offer so I agreed. „Okay, I forgive you because you apologize so nicely. But don't let it happen again."

„Of course not!" His eyes seemed to be sparkling but I shrugged it off. My own eyes must be playing tricks on me since I'm tired already.

„Good, I guess you're pretty sober now so you'll find your way home, right?" His smile dropped at my comment. „What? I can't sleep over?" He reminded me of a puppy.

„No way! I only have one bed and I don't like strangers staying over!" I didn't like anyone staying over, normally I don't even let them in my house!

„Please... I'll be good. And it's not like we're strangers..." He begged me so desperately and put on his puppy dog eyes. I tried not to look at them, but it was hard. I sighed in defeat, I never knew those were my weakness. „Fine, you win." He beamed with happiness and clapped his hands. „Thank you so much, Max!" I rolled my eyes, but a small grin escaped my lips.

Together we cleaned up the mess he had done and dropped onto the bed, tired as it was pretty late now.

All of a sudden I heard my phone ring from the living room and hurried there to pick it up. „Hey sweetie, how are you?" My eyes widened when I recognized my mother's voice. Her voice was a nice and comforting one, I immediately relaxed around her.

I liked both of my parents a lot and since we haven't seen each other for a long time, around 2 months, I missed them every day. They would sometimes call like this, but of course they also had a life and a lot of work and I was the same, so I didn't blame them.

„Hey mom, I'm doing great! What about you and dad?" She answered and chuckled. „We're also doing great. Before I forget to tell you the reason I called you... dad and I... have been thinking about visiting you, this Friday maybe? What do you think?"

My smile widened. „Of course you can come, I'd love that!"

After that we talked for a while about life, what's new and how stressful work was. Now that I was an adult I could talk with her about things I couldn't, when I was still a kid. I was happy we related to many things.

And then I remembered.

I completely forgot about my guest that was now alone in the bedroom, waiting for me. I apologized to my mother, saying I have to hang up, and almost ran to Oliver. Who knows what he had done whilst I was gone.

I entered the room and there he was standing, looking straight at my face, so I decided to speak up. „What are you..."

My eyes fell on the piece of clothing he was holding in his right hand. My black lingerie I wore last Saturday.

I glanced back at him. He looked me dead serious in the eyes.

I was too stunned to speak and what shocked me even more were the words that came out of his mouth right after. My camboy name.

„Are you Danny?"