chapter 17

Oliver's POV

The next day I woke up to the birds chirping outside and yawned as I sat up. Forcing my eyes open in the bright room, I glanced over to Max still fully asleep beside me. His back was facing me and I couldn't stop staring at his slender waist that was peeking through the covers.

A small smile made its way onto my face as I thought how nice he was to let me sleep in his bed and not on the couch. The first day we met and Max took me to his home he didn't leave me on the couch either like any normal person would have done. And I still wonder to this day what the reason was, but I never had the chance to ask him.

I continued to stare at his back and flinched when he all of a sudden turned over. I thought he had caught me watching, but I was glad when his eyes were closed. Now I had the chance to study his attractive face. Although one would say he looked pretty average I thought otherwise. His breathtaking deep brown eyes with those beautifully long eyelashes and that messy dark brown hair made me go insane. I had to try my hardest not to admire him every day. His smooth skin made me crave to touch it, but I would never dare to do that without his consent.

However, his looks weren't the only think that drew me in. The way he spoke, the way the corners of his mouth curled up as he smiled and the sarcastic remarks he had sometimes. Those made me feel something inside every time I spent time with him. Which was basically every day.

He was one of the few people I trusted. Maybe even the only one. All my "friends" are also fun to hang out with, but I could never talk with them about serious topics or rely on them. Max was truly a good friend and sexy as hell when he was moaning under me.

I quickly suppressed the image in my head to prevent the thing in my pants from raising any further and gazed at the clock hanging on the wall to check the time. 9 pm.

Suddenly, I had the urge to do something for Max in return for letting me stay. So I quietly got up from the comfortable bed and walked to the kitchen, closing the door after me as silently as possible.

Now, I wasn't the best cook, but I watched the maids that prepared our meals back at our mansion and learned a thing or two from them.

Let's see how good my skills are after all this time.

***

"Something smells burned..." I heard behind me and turned around with a wide grin to a nauseous looking Max as he held his nose. "You're right on time for breakfast. Sit down, I'll bring it right away." I chuckled at his horrified expression when he realized I had been cooking and that he now knew where the smell was coming from. It wasn't that bad in my opinion. Could've been a lot worse.

After shooting an uncertain look my way he took a seat and probably awaited the worst. I'll make you change that thought as soon as I bring you the food and you take a bite!

"Here you go! Scrambled eggs with fresh bread. Looks yummy, right?" I beamed with happinesses. I wasn't sure if the bread was fresh, I found it somewhere in his kitchen after all, but who cares. It sounds better this way.

The eggs were slightly darker on some places, probably burned, and the toast was in the same condition. It still looked mouthwatering to me. The skeptical Max raised his brows and continued watching the food as if it would poison him.

Any longer and I'd feel offended.

Standing there impatiently, forcing to keep the smile on, I was about to tell him to give it at least a try when he finally did it on his own.

"How does it taste?" I asked right after Max swallowed. "It's eatable." he shrugged and I started doubting my cooking skills. But I sighed in relief when I saw him take another and another bite. Although he tried his hardest not to look like he was enjoying the food I prepared for him I knew he loved it.