chapter 14

Oliver's POV

I still remember the dream so vividly. A dream about my childhood which wasn't the brightest. More like a nightmare.

I sat at the table while occasionally glancing at Max eating his cereal across from me. He wouldn't even spare me a look and kept his eyes on the table. I felt as though he was avoiding me. But why?

The silence was unbearable so I decided to speak up to relieve the tension. "You know... I dreamed about something really interesting tonight." Max finally lifted his head. "R-Really? About what?" he asked raising his eyebrows. "Umm... I forgot. But I know it was fun." I couldn't just tell him the truth. "What about you? Any interesting dream?"

His face started getting red as he averted his eyes. "N-No. Not that I can remember." He seemed flustered and I could tell he was lying. Did he not want to talk about it? Was he in a similar situation as me?

I watched his flushed face as his eyes were searching something, not wanting to meet mine. "I'm not hungry anymore." He muttered and stood up from his seat, taking his unfinished bowl back to the kitchen. I smiled while my eyes followed him to the door till he disappeared. When I was alone in the room I hurriedly finished eating breakfast and left the table as well.

Making my way over to the kitchen, I spotted Max washing the dishes and joined him. This wasn't the first time I helped him like this so he wasn't surprised and didn't protest.

"How did we get home yesterday?" Max asked not taking his eyes off the dishes. "Do you not remember what happened?" "No. I must have blacked out. Did you drive us here?" He didn't remember anything? Not even what we did on the couch? "No, I called the cab and left my car there. I'll have to pick it up today." I replied a bit disappointed. Am I the only one who knows about our make out?

"Sorry, I can usually handle the alcohol." "You don't have to apologize, we did drink a lot after all." I reassured him, but the empty feeling in my chest wouldn't go away. I had to make sure one last time.

"You really don't remember anything? Like what you did when we arrived at the house?" That made Max look up at me.

"What did I do?" he asked fear evident in his eyes. My whole mood dropped. It was pointless asking him again. Should I tell him about it or keep my mouth shut? What if it ruins the friendship we have going on now? It wasn't our first kiss, but the livestreams are different. They are strictly business. I'm just helping him make some money while living my dream. I'm sure he would be angry if I told him. Yeah, let's not tell him.

"Nothing serious. You almost threw up on me, but we thankfully made it to the bathroom in time." I laughed and his face relaxed for a second before turning bright red.

He believed my lie.

"God, how embarrassing." Max murmured and turned away from me so I couldn't see his face. "I'm sorry for troubling you, Oliver. And I'll never drink again."

"Don't worry about it and I'm sure you won't be able to keep that promise." I chuckled.

"You're right." he smiled and continued washing the dishes.

Max's POV

I couldn't look at Oliver after the sex dream I had about him. How come I had one in the first place? I never saw him as something more than a friend and someone to help me earn more money.

Every time our eyes met the dream came to my mind and I was afraid I would grow a boner. To prevent that I made sure to think about something disgusting to turn me off, something like old women. And it worked.

It's Saturday today, that means another livestream. I don't think I'm prepared and we also didn't discuss what we are going to do this time. Last time it was just fingering and I know my fans want us to fuck, but I don't think I'm ready for that yet. And I'm not sure I'll ever be. I'm afraid it might change the relationship we have now and that we might not be able to go back.