chapter 35

After saying those words, I held my breath as I awaited their response. Would they really be understanding? What if they weren't and I made it all up in my head? After all, we never got to talk about these things. What if this whole idea of mine wasn't so good and just led to something worse?

My parent's eyes widened and they stood in silence for a while, staring at Oliver. I couldn't tell if that was a good sign or not. But then my mother smiled and I instantly felt relief wash over me. "Oh my god! No way! Our little Max finally got a lover! You don't even know how happy I am for you!" she cheered and I couldn't help but grin back. "Nice to meet you, Oliver. I hope Max isn't bothering you too much." I playfully rolled my eyes at her remark.

"Of course not. In fact, I couldn't be happier with him," Oliver answered as he shook her hand with a wide smile and my heart skipped a beat at hearing his words.

"I hope you'll continue to look after our son," my father added and proceeded to shake his hand as well. After the introductions were done, we got seated on the couch. There we were bombarded with questions about how we met and when we first started going out. Of course we twisted our answers a little. I couldn't tell them the real reason behind our first meetings after all.

As time passed my parents insisted on sleeping on the couch, leaving the bed for Oliver and me. As I wished them a good night, my mother winked at me before she put the covers over her head, making my cheeks flush a little and forcing me to walk off in a hurry.

Lying in bed with the lights turned off, I turned to face Oliver and found him already staring at me. We smiled at each other. "Your parents are great and really understanding," he spoke and I agreed. "Yeah, they're the best. When they're home..." I studied his features and came to a conclusion that he must be thinking about his own parents. They were the complete opposite of mine not too long ago.

"Good night," I whispered and cuddled into his embrace, where I felt warm and safe. He repeated my words and placed his hand around my waist, pulling me into the hug. It didn't take me long to fall asleep in this comfortable position.

***

"Bye mom! Bye dad!" I bid them goodbye one last time before they drove off. I watched the waving hand coming from one window before they completely disappeared around the corner and suddenly wished they could have stayed longer. However, they were busy people and I already came to terms with that.

"Your parents are great people," he muttered. "You already said that," I giggled. "But yeah, I agree." Even though the car was long gone, I continued to stare into the distance, wondering when I'll be able to see them again. Hopefully soon.

"Aren't you cold, Max? Let's go inside." I complied and we entered my home. No, our home. This place which I often shared with Oliver was basically our home now. Because without him here it just felt empty and so lonely. I was glad to have him by my side and for him to be the person he is today.

"Anything you want to do today?" Oliver asked as he put his arm around my shoulder.

I smiled.

"Actually... yeah. Have you ever been to the amusement park?"

A/N: It was a long journey and it finally came to an end! Thanks to all the people that supported me through it, especially HotPinkFantasy, and sorry for the many breaks because of my mental health. I hope you've enjoyed the story as much as I did! Stay tuned for the epilogue!